Last Hunt And Last Sunset Of 2020

46 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

Written inside of the ring it says 925 but it also has the word cuff which I can't make come out clearly with a photo.  You can bend the open end ring closed and make it tighter.

Sterling is bendable by hand or do you need a pliers?

The ring cleaned up nicely -- quite handsome.

1 minute ago, GB_Amateur said:

Sterling is bendable by hand

Hand

I tried it on one of my big ears.  I thought it too loose and automatically just went to squeeze it tighter and that is what it did.  Maybe it is a higher silver content product so that it can bend and tighten on an ear.  These would be sold in the area by shop keepers that would hand make them thus the scratching of the 925.

I've read that you can use that mark or call something sterling if it is higher content.

• Like 1

Yeah, these better, newer pix make it look like turquoise. Initial shots had something like an iridescent luster to them (scratches?). Now that she's seen the hallmark in that ring, she says she doesn't recognize the maker— sorry. (At least she guessed right on the cuff... Haha) Me—I know absolutely nothing about jewelry. I won't even wear a wedding band!

• Haha 1

And finally, the first ring I found ... 2.5g that was the hardest to clean.

IMG_20210101_160342_024.thumb.jpg.dc1087e839c582e7e7c03b8f7af618ce.jpgIMG_20210101_160018_564.thumb.jpg.eadba6a093580e9f9125e2bd4212270f.jpgIMG_20210101_160005_534.thumb.jpg.72c7893a374299ec7849a3ed3709aca5.jpg

• Like 4

I think I'd rather find that big silver ring than some of the gold rings I've found- that is awesome!!! Congrats Mitchel!

I couldn't see any.  I would think they are czs and it is made in China (I've seen similar) but all of those were marked and this one is not but it cleaned up like silver.  The silvers I've found that are just plate seem to fall apart more than this one does.

3 hours ago, strick said:

what kinda phone are you using for those close ups?

strick

I started buying BLU phones after I lost (I left it at a metal detecting club meeting and it was not returned) a Samsung.  That was about 3 years ago.  I got this new phone after I dropped my old model into wet sand and it would not charge properly.  The old model was not a very good camera.  This phone and camera are quite surprising and some of the photos I've taken you can zoom into the sky or distance and still get quite good detail.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VB5LDD1 

• Thanks 1