Happy New Year Everybody. I Am In The Rochester, New York Area, And The Ground Is Soft And No Snow.

• The title was changed to Happy New Year Everybody. I Am In The Rochester, New York Area, And The Ground Is Soft And No Snow.

Happy New Year. Rain and 43F in Raleigh, NC. Hope you get the Ag! Do silver earrings count? Found two different silver earrings at a park on Wednesday. Civil War bullet on Monday. Good end for the year in a hammered-out park. Stay Safe!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dances With Doves said:

We  average about a 100 inches a year so it is a bonus if we can go out this time of year .I have to do something about my goose egg silver count for year. How many of you have detectable   ground today Good   luck.

I assume that was tongue-in-cheek:  "goose egg silver count for year" meaning 2021.  But glad to hear you have detectable conditions since your snow will be coming (tonight?).

I've been quite fortunate the last 2 or 3 winters because the ground either hasn't frozen, or if it did it thawed quickly.  May not be that lucky this year.  When we get rain (to thaw the ground) that is followed by sub-freezing nightime temps leading to a refreeze.  Weather this coming week looks detectable but it's going to depend upon the ground.  I don't currently have a site where I feel comfortable with either a shovel or a pick except for some parking lots and paths which are crushed stone or gravel.  If I get the itch I may break out the pick and hit those.  I know there are detectable high conductors there as I've done some spot checking.  So far (just a few holes dug) it's all been modern coins.  Maybe worth firing up the TDI but I'll try the Equinox in gold mode before that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kac said:

Happy New Year

Congrats on getting a dime on the first day of  the year. You are on the silver board for 2021.Me and my 2 buddies  went  out on a county park area today and all of us  got 1 silver.I got a deep worn 1929     😃  merc and  one 1 buddy got a  Washington quarter and the other a silver   Rosie.I got mine by the road too.