excellent point of view steve! am waiting on fisher. don't know to a certainty,
however believe that 'fisher" is ''still" in the hunt!  wishful thinking? perhaps!
never sell dave johnson and crew short though! ''tons" of experience there! 

(h.h.!)

j.t.

Thanks for the great breakdown. I have to admit I've fallen behind on much in the detector world aside from Minelab gold machines, it's nice to get a concise summary of what's going on and what's to come in the wider world.

• Thanks 1

Hello and Happy New Year!

I m pretty sure XP will release something soon,those guys aren't sleeping.i will put my bet for April........The fact that we are so spoiled for choice make me wonder where will i put my money next if i do as i realised that the Nox on the beach is very very good,The Tarsacci another very good one.

For my type of research on the Thames i ve got all of the best/fast and selective machine.

I ll get the 12" coil for the MDT when it comes out and should use my G5c more,Covid restriction out of the way of course!

RR

• Like 2

$teve,as usual some interesting input on the state of the most popular detecting machines around at the moment,the main 2 that you have mentioned that i use are of course the Deus and the Equinox as these machines basically cover all my everyday use.The 2 other that i am dusting off and plan on using more are the Nexus MP and the TDI Pro both the latter detectors are for real deep artefact hunters and best suited for pasture sites,both are deep especially with the larger coils that can be used on them but not used them much this year due to the Covid lockdown.

Thanks again for your thoughts on what is currently happening in the detector market but still my favourite machine and the one i grab as i am heading out is the Deus with the HF elliptical coil.

• Like 3

Great insight on all the brands and glad to see a point of view from someone that knows their business.

Good hunting and good luck in this 2021 year.

I agree with every word you say and glad to see someone will say it.

XP Have made no secret that a new machine is imminent, they have also said the DEUS is not being discontinued or retired.

If I were to put my money on anything it would be a waterproof multifrequency.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dan Fox said:

XP Have made no secret that a new machine is imminent,

Problem is when you've been implying it is imminent for multiple years, you kind of lose credibility.  They've been saying that about the Deus companion app for years also.  It's always just few months away.  A few months later, its still a few months away.  That's how XP has done things since they announced version 4 SW is imminent 1.5 years before it was actually delivered.   I've been seeing photos of their 2-box coil since 2015.

Bottom line, I'll believe the XP rumors when I actually see some hardware and not just whispers or even glossy marketing brochures.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Chase Goldman said:

Problem is when you've been implying it is imminent for multiple years, you kind of lose credibility.  They've been saying that about the Deus companion app for years also.  It's always just few months away.  A few months later, its still a few months away.  That's how XP has done things since they announced version 4 SW is imminent 1.5 years before it was actually delivered.   I've been seeing photos of their 2-box coil since 2015.

Bottom line, I'll believe the XP rumors when I actually see some hardware and not just whispers or even glossy marketing brochures.

I agree but aren't all manufacturer the same????? they need the hype :)

The hoard hunter is a delicate one as when you hunt hoards it aint anymore a hobby.......

RR

• Like 2