Seeking Performance Information On The Nugget Finder 25" DD X Coil

This is a question for anyone in the States or Australia that owns and has had time to give solid, detailed, performance information on NF 25"DD X Coil. I'm interested in knowing coping with the weight since it weighs 4.4 lbs., Stability with ground noise, depth of nuggets you have personally dug using it, not stories you have heard of, have you used it on open hillsides or just on flat ground, size of nuggets you have found with it, what is the smallest you have found with it, does it impress you, how does it do on pinpointing, and any other info you can think of regarding it. And last, do you really really like this coil?

AussieMatt, thanks for that link. I think that helped me make up my mind on wether to get the NF 25XDD or the NF 19 Evo. I will be going with the 25 XDD. The areas I hunt have produced lots of large nuggets. One area has given up several 1-2 ozer's, I have heard about a few 10 ozer's, and there have been a few in the 20-34 oz. range. The other area has produced nuggets  of various sizes from sub-grain to a 27 lb. Specimen. My main use for getting this coil is going after Skarn Gold at the contact point between the granodiorite intrusive and the carbonate rock(limestone). In all the areas I have searched the carbonate rock is completely eroded away at the contact with just altered carbonate rocks littering the areas. My goal is to find nuggets in the orange clay seems between the intrusive and the carbonate contact where the carbonate was cooked to a clay deposit separating the two rock types. At this point the gold is freed from it's carbonate host rock and produces straight gold nuggets, more often than specimens. These type of deposits can produce large nuggets and lots of them. My hope is to get onto at least one of these nuggets. I have held a 4.5 ouncer from this area and I used to have a friend who found some 9 ouncers in the area. If Nenad reads this post, I would greatly appreciate any more info you may have about the 25 XDD. This ground is extremely hot.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Seeking Performance Information On The Nugget Finder 25" DD X Coil