Equinox 800 Missing Silver?

Tony Downs

15 hours ago, Tony Downs said:

I am new to detecting

Tony,

Several people here have given you the best information possible as I am also a newbie.

When I am given information from someone here such as Chase I re-read and learn what he has stated.

These people knows more about this equipment than most of the YouTubers out there as the are just making videos. They really never show all the trash, nor do they ever show areas that have nothing except trash.

As a newbie I can tell you read, read, and re-read. Then take your time and learn what the detector is telling you so you know it like the back of your hand. I am still learning my unit and I know it will still take a couple of years to get as good as Chase, Phrunt, or any of the masters on any forum.

Good luck on your next hunt.

• Like 2

Two ripping answers from Chase that are worth reading again . If you are missing silvers with the Nox then you are doing something wrong . Many here in Aust. consider the Nox to be a silver slayer , in particular of small silvers like our 3 and 6 pence coins . My personal experience has been that anywhere that i have covered with other machines in the past , the Nox can find a little more . Have faith in your Nox , learn it's ways and you will do well .

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Welcome!! Great advice has been posted by Chase and other members. Research, location, and of course having access to un-hunted grounds, are all key to finding silver, and everything else. MD'ing 101

Having stated that, I have just purchased a 800 and will soon return to sites that i believe were untouched before i began detecting on them years ago. The silver finds on those sites have declined over the years, naturally, but I'm hoping that the 800 will find what the other detectors (and primarily me) have missed.

Good luck to all!!!

• Like 3