1715 Era Navigation Chart Dividers Found On Treasure Beach

That's a stellar find FS!   

Congratulations! I'm so jealous!! I've been up there several times this year and last! But no major finds yet! Only small hints and teasers of the fleet items! But I'll still get up there whenever i can get away!👍👍

• Like 2

Thanks Chase, thanks Joe D. It has been spotty for the last two years. Even when the weather is right, the Treasure Coast gets stingy with her secrets. Plus all the sand coming next year. 
It was a blast.

Regards all

• Like 1

That is a once in a lifetime find that you have uncovered from the past, what secrets it holds is anyone's guess.

Keep up the hunt and get the rest of the set or at least another piece, they should be close to where you found that one.

Good luck on your next hunt and Happy New Year.

• Like 1

Wonderful find !  History right there in your hand find . Envious !

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By F350Platinum
      After Part 1 I didn't find anything in that field anymore. I decided to go to a place that @Chase Goldman and I went when he was here, a small area where a house was with a small cemetery. He will attest that this site is so trashy it's hard to take - even in Field 2 with all metal off. We both got tired of hunting it fast!
      I toughed it out and got the Equinox as quiet as possible. I was determined to find something in all that scrap. Roof steel, can slaw, nails, you name it - and most odd there must be a hundred cat food cans buried there! You get a nice 32 and say "$#&+" when you dig it up.
      Didn't do too bad, but I'm sad I didn't find a single coin today, I wanted to get an idea of what period I'm dealing with up there. I did dig one old shotgun shell which helped - it is a UMC New Club 12 gauge, circa 1892. Got a couple of colonial buttons, both with shanks. Always like buttons.
      The most interesting things are the brass flower that I found in parts, and the large whatzit on the bottom. It appears to have a threaded point and is highly decorated, it was a solid 22. The suspender slide might be silverplated. I found both pieces in the same hole.
      Took a look in the woods where the buildings were pushed, and found the bottle in the next photos. It's old, blown glass into a mold. Sad it's broken somewhat. I thought it was kinda funny that "California Fig Syrup" came from Louisville Kentucky. 😀

• By Valens Legacy
      Tonight I read this story and wondered if anyone here had seen this.
      I think I would have about died if I would have uncovered it, and sure wouldn't have just let someone take it from me.
      Here is the link to the story:      https://www.yahoo.com/news/bronze-age-spear-found-metal-202457797.html
      Gorey, Jersey

• By F350Platinum
      Yet another spring like day today. Started out relatively warm, about 48. I decided to do some scouting on land I haven't visited as yet so I will know where to go in the future. In particular I was looking for another house that was in one of the fields back in 1917.
      I think I found it. Found what looks like a drawer keyhole, and then an aluminum child's ring with no stone. It is very fragile and pretty mangled, but highly decorated.
      I visited three separate areas, two yielded coins. I dug the 1967 quarter and a 1937 wheat penny. Went way out in the field near the river and found an 1867 Indian head. It was very difficult to find the date but I did. In the area that had no coins I found one small colonial button, it appears to have a backstamp but it is unreadable.
      Not bad for just walking around at random, really coin shooting.

• By F350Platinum
      Another fabulous weather day here. Started out at 32 degrees, ended up about 63. I had a forum member special guest who may or may not identify himself, but he did a lot better than me. We started out on an old un-hunted landing, visited a very trashy point nearby, and finished up back at the landing and in the farm. 8 hours for me! Total blast. I like hunting alone but it's nice to have an esteemed visitor.
      Top down in the photo:
      Ford hubcap (I think) but certainly a Ford part. What I believe to be the "rest" of this vehicle is in the woods nearby. This little cap was a surprising 32 on my Equinox. Edit: Definitely a model "T" hubcap. Not sure what the "w" means. 1917-21.
      Some sort of work animal tack, it's solid brass and rings like a tuning fork when dropped. Looks like it snapped off of a screw or bolt. Rein guide?
      Cool brass buckle, a 26, some sort of white metal object with some decoration, an unidentifiable whatzit that was a solid 15, another "river queen" Indian head penny, an 1888 Indian head (it was tough to get a date off that one - still might not be right), broken tombac, a "D" buckle from the extremely trashy point, and yet another thimble, this one mashed flat. We  left the point because it was just insanely signal-rich, and nothing we tried could help that. Apparently hunters eat their lunch there and bury the trash.
      Hope this doesn't bore y'all to death. Don't think it will if the guest chimes in! One more day this week outside and then it's gonna rain for 4. Guess I'll have to get some work done around the house. Borrowed a new toy to play with, more later.

• By Tom_in_CA
      Got 2 more Phoenix buttons yesterday.  Brian ("cal cobra") and I got out to one of our "backpocket sites" .  This site has given up reales, early seateds, and 2 gold coins over the years.   It is now super pounded and stingy.   But we went to ply our luck yet again , looking for more stragglers 🙂
      Here's a small #30, and a large # 27.   Also a pix of the other age indicators I got.  Eg.:  Green blacksmithed copper slag, etc...
      Hopefully Brian will chime in with his finds.  How many phoenix buttons did you get Brian ?  🤔 🤣
      We love finding these.  They've sort of become a "sport unto themselves", and value has become secondary these days (it's SO niche, that not many ever get bought and sold these days).  Here's info. about these buttons for anyone who's curious.:
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenix_buttons
      https://www.jstor.org/stable/25616604?seq=1

• By ShintoSunrise
      Hey folks! Unlike many of you more seasoned folks, I'm still trying to learn when to ignore iron tones and when to dig. I was exploring the land behind what I knew once belonged to a northern Virginia farmhouse back in the 1930s and heard a nice iron tone that I felt was worth looking into. Lo and behold, an incredibly well rusted cast iron piggy bank. Following some electrolysis and wire brushing I find it to be pretty presentable. I'm unsure of the age, but based on some research I'm guessing circa 1900s. Cheers!