Kruzer Notching With Iron Audio On Notch Values

Yes I can set disc at 0, tone break where I want and iron volume to 0 so I hear no iron. This is the same on the other Kruzers and Anfibios. Gold Kruzer doesn't have notching unfortunately. When I use my Gold Kruzer in the water I hip mount the controller and use a carbon fiber straight shaft. Nice easy to swing. More susceptible to emi with disc at 0.

• Like 1

Gold Kruzer and Multi Kruzer are different machines. The regular Kruzer's and Amphibios the first tone break does not go lower than 15 which is the iron range. You can increase that though and then increase the others or even invert the tones on other tone breaks after that.. I have run the Iron break on the MK as high as low 20's to include foils.

The Gold Kruzer is a gold machine so it's iron range is 40 and basically a 2 tone machine similar to the 2 tone and deep mode on the Kruzer. Neither the Gold Kruzer or Gold Racer have any notch ability and only have bottom up discrimination similar to the regular Kruzer's and Amphibios.

In the field I have not noticed any loss in depth when increasing the discrimination other than when fringe targets are in play. The Multi Kruzer is a high gain machine so if it is really noisy and you want to quiet it down you need to drop the gain because if the gain is too high it will start sounding off on the mineralization. High gain settings are fine for deep targets but will flatten the tone response on shallow targets so an example 2 tone in an open plowed field with gain as high as you can without it chattering is good but that same setting will be miserable to hunt in a park.

The 3 tone with a mid or low gain setting in a trashy park will have more nuances than a high gain setting helping you identify targets better by audio.

The Multi Kruzer is still just a single frequency machine so mineralization will effect the id's in poor ground where id's may shift depending on how wet the ground is and how much mineralization so numbers can fade quick and thus fringe targets can get lost under discrimination.

Majority of the time I run the machines without discrimination and prefer a low iron audio over eliminating the sound completely other than my Tejon which is a beep n dig analog machine with excellent all metal pinpointing that I use to determine size and depth of a target.

For what it's worth I use my MK modes to compliment each other as I hunt.

Low trash areas and relic hunting I will use gen mode with gain flat out as I am hunting by size. On a target with an iffy ID (gen mode has a shallow id response) I will switch down to 2 tone with gains depending on area 80-90's, 5 or 14khz.

I will use 3 tone in parks with a relatively low gain 50-75 or may use 3 tone in a field with higher gains if I can 90's with 19khz

I have my 4 tone for trash picking with everything notched out except known targets and use this with a pretty low gain setting of 70's or lower. I use 0 disc and uses notch audio n1 or n2 so sounds are there but good targets are louder and will switch back to 3 tone if needed to lock on and see what I have hit. 14 or 19khz

Beach mode I have 0-15 notched instead of disc and use the notch audio. Find it easier to id iron and deep iron rather than have the audio clip out. Gain settings on that can be anywheres from the 80's to high 90's depending on salinity etc. If it gets too sparky I'll drop it back. I use 5khz for salt.

Deep mode I use on fringe targets I can barely hear on 2 tone and have it in the high 90's gain.

These are where I have settled down with the machines settings and finding it just bit more efficient hunting.

I'm sure others just jump into a mode and stick with it but I tried to make better use of the various modes so they work with each other because it is so easy to swap modes on the fly.

• Like 1

Ok your right, Gold Kruzer in Micro mode has a disc, tone break and iron volume. Multi Kruzer has a 2 tone mode with no disc and a tone break. The tone break can only go as low as 15? It's been awhile since I had a Multi Kruzer.

47 minutes ago, kac said:

Majority of the time I run the machines without discrimination and prefer a low iron audio over eliminating the sound completely other than my Tejon which is a beep n dig analog machine with excellent all metal pinpointing that I use to determine size and depth of a target.

Yes, that's the point I'm trying to explain, and this is the reason I'm asking about Multi Kruzer possible settings... because me too I don't like using discrimination (or notching) at all but still want to hear the iron in a low volume. 

So in whatever machine I have used so far (Deus, Equinox 800), I don't use neither disc or notch. I'm just applying "tonal disc" for the iron zone... meaning that, if I want to set my iron (lowest tone) zone at vdis 0-10 but still be able to hear it in order to know what's going on underground, then instead of using disc at 10 or notching all vdis up to 10, I simply set my first t1 tone break at 10, and then adjust the volume of this 01-10 vdi range in a lower volume (with a very low tone obviously). This way I can still hear the iron buzzes at a lower volume in the background, but without the need to apply any discrimination or notches. 

I was just confused by the Multi Kruzer's manual and couldn't understand if I could do something similar without using disc or notches, by adjusting only the first tone's volume.

Many thanks for the responses guys

• Like 1

Now I'm confused why the Multi Kruzer in 2 tone that the tone break can't go to 0 and since it has notching it would work well. With iron volume set at 0, 2 tone mode would then be single tone mode like a Tejon with an iron volume, disc at 0 and with notching. I don't know if you can do that with the Multi Kruzer in 3 & 4 tone mode or Deep mode.

My Gold Kruzer in Micro mode has disc, a tone break that goes to 0 and an iron volume but no notching. Maybe you need a Gold Kruzer. Iron volume at 1 is very quiet on iron.

All discrimination modes 2 tone - deep mode you can use 0 discrim and set fe volume low instead.

Cool I kept the answer under a paragraph 🙂

• Thanks 1

Ok that's good. So in 2 tone or deep mode you can set tone break to 0 if you want and set iron volume to 0 if you want and use notching. Makes me want a Kruzer/Anfibio again.

On my Anfibio I adjust the Z1 tone break & volume instead of using Disc or Notch. Depending on the hunt it maybe 06 or 18 or even 25.if in a 2 tone mode.(2DI, Deep, Beach). I hunted today for a lost ring running 3 DI with Z1 at Vol 01, Z2 at Vol 03 & Z3 at Vol 01. Gain 97 no Disc. I love the adjustability that it has. I only use Notch on my saved customized 5DI mode that I use for coins in modern trash.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, kac said:

All discrimination modes 2 tone - deep mode you can use 0 discrim and set fe volume low instead.

Cool I kept the answer under a paragraph 🙂

8 hours ago, JCR said:

On my Anfibio I adjust the Z1 tone break & volume instead of using Disc or Notch. Depending on the hunt it maybe 06 or 18 or even 25.if in a 2 tone mode.(2DI, Deep, Beach). I hunted today for a lost ring running 3 DI with Z1 at Vol 01, Z2 at Vol 03 & Z3 at Vol 01. Gain 97 no Disc. I love the adjustability that it has. I only use Notch on my saved customized 5DI mode that I use for coins in modern trash.

JCR exactly! Adjusting the volume of each "zone" depending on the target of interest as you did in your ring search, without any notching or disc..that's the "tonal disc" I meant...you simply "highlighted" the middle zone (for the ring) with a higher volume and left all the rest in low volume.

Guys, that's the answers I was looking for from the beginning, especially for the iron zone adjustability... use 0 Disc, Notch Nothing, and simply adjust the first "Fe" zone in Low Volume with Fe-vol setting, to just hear the iron in the background. Simple as that! 🙂 So Multi Kruzer (and Amfibio) can do such a thing thankfully cause that's the way I like it...I don't like using disc & notch at all!

(I thought it was a pretty straight forward question but maybe I didn't express it correctly....So MANY THANKS for all the extra info you provided, especially Kac who gave me a lot of nice tips for the MK..thanks man 🙂 🙂 🙂  )

Problem solved, have a nice day everyone!

• Like 1