Coil Cover Question

good morning and happy new year to all!!

I'm sure this question has been asked many times in the past, but I was hoping someone could refresh mu memory. I'm currently swinging a gpx 5000 with a commander 15 x 12 mono coil -- ( old school). I wear out the covers a lot and have had problems getting new ones recently---so question is whats the best way to get the most from my covers??? I 've heard truck beeding stuff works good --- make a new bottom from fiberglass --- or ????

Thanks all good luck

Marc

If you try covering the bottom with epoxy - which is what some people have used effectively, including me - make sure it's the non-metallic type (I forget the designation, sorry). As you can imagine it adds some weight. 
From what I have read, with no direct experience, the truck bedding stuff doesn't last long.
I think it was NuggetFinder that recently released a harder plastic coil cover for the 7000 which works just great, maybe they have one for yours.

I never buy replacement coil covers.

I make them out of 1.5mm lexan, I cut them about 5mm larger than the coil diameter to alow for wear and stick them onto the coil (cover removed) with roof and gutter clear silicone. These skid plates out last the standard covers by many many times. They usually last multiple seasons where as the standard ones I would wear out in a week in some areas!

• Like 5

I forgot this method. It's the best. Once again Dale and the Gold Hounds show why they are so good at what they do. Happy New Year you guys...