I think the flame of buying an AQ in me has been gone now.As Steve said it all can be put on ice for ever.I think those who bought the Limited version has gambled(No guarantee for the unit + some issues which the machine has).I think when now Steve selling his AQ it can be an ALARM for the rest of us.The final production can be a myth.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I've lost interest in the AQ as well. I was all excited for a while but now it doesn't seem to be living up to the claims. Looks like it's just another pulse unit with a couple of tweaks added.

I'd rather see a new line of high performance CZ's for the beach.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, PPP said:

I think the flame of buying an AQ in me has been gone now.As Steve said it all can be put on ice for ever.I think those who bought the Limited version has gambled(No guarantee for the unit + some issues which the machine has).I think when now Steve selling his AQ it can be an ALARM for the rest of us.The final production can be a myth.

That’s not what I said at all. I do think that it is pointless to continue with the Limited series. Just fix the thing to what it should have been in the first place before making any more. I sold mine purely out of a preference to have the finished version instead. If they ever come out with one done right, you can bet I’ll be one of the first to get one. Or the Impulse Gold. I’ll have to see both first to see which would best serve my situation. I think for freshwater lakes I might prefer the Gold version instead.

It is concerning though that everything has stopped with no explanation. Stuff like the Facebook page, what was that all about? I have to say as a businessman most of what FT does as regards the Fisher brand completely baffles me.

• Like 5

I think Steve had the right idea selling the Ltd! And I'm not just blowing smoke up his patootie!

Trying out any detector, then selling it, if it's not exactly what you wanted, or expected, is a "win win" for not only the seller, but also someone like me that no longer feels the need to have new machine sticker shock! Or someone just getting into the hobby! I've been doing that with vehicles for years! And now apply that to detectors!

And once you have all the bases covered, with a few detectors, for the kinds of detecting you do! Who need's closet queens taking up valuable space! I think the only exception would be a collector! Other than that, it's good to clean house once and awhile, to make room for latest and greatest gently used detector!👍👍

• Like 1

I myself can not be happier with my two AQ’s and in no way regret buying them. As a matter of fact I feel like, after a few modifications, I have a better built unit than the unlimited or whatever they call it. I’m not to big on the phones coming out the back of the control box and Joes battery gives me a nice M12 phone connection and plenty of run time. On top of that with only 30 or so out so far, it may become a collectors item. And as far as depth and gold, I have found none better for my area. So to each his own and thanks Alexandre. Also the service from Rick and First Texas is superb. Good luck everybody and stay safe.

• Like 6

the problem is that if they still wait too long, they run the risk that another similar machine will be released beforehand from another manufacturer, or another star detector from the beaches at minelab. at this point, people who are already tired of waiting will rush out and lose interest and budget for aq. this strategy of silence and confidentiality on the part of fisher worked for a while, but making it long-term is a mistake, we can see that people have lost fear of interest. Fisher, for the sake of your business, we urge you to contact us without further delay!

• Like 1

They must be working on other detectors too.  I hope some will be out soon. Can't just end with the F75.

On 1/22/2021 at 2:00 AM, PPP said:

I think when now Steve selling his AQ it can be an ALARM for the rest of us.

If every time Steve sold a detector it meant that there was something amiss, there wouldn't be any detector companies left in business.

• Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...

So strangely quiet here for some times,no posts regarding the AQ?I did hear that TreasurTalk on youtube have an intervju feb the 15 with Ross from Fisher and the topic is fisher impulse AQ.Hope he has some new information about this unit a lot of people waiting for realease including me!  

• Like 1

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked