1st 2021 Gold With The AQ

Love the ring! Congrats.

• Like 1

Beauty! Nice looking ring. In my house that would be swiped from my hands the minute she laid eyes on it 😄 It's nice not having to worry about the battery dying on you in the middle of a hunt.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Another "AQ" Lover! And a beauty of a ring to prove it! Two scoops and gold..Love it! 

You cracked me up with the "Another fan of the Big Battery" Heck, I'm a fan of my own on the big battery. I made a small one I used a few times but the big one seems to really gives me peace of mind? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Slimpickuns said:

Went out last night for a low tide wet sand hunt with the AQ. Got to the beach a little late, tide was already coming in so I was only able to hunt for about 2:30 hrs before the swells took over the slope. Pretty sanded in conditions but still managed a little clad and hit a surprise 2.2 gram 18k white gold diamond half band about 2 scoops down on the upper slope. Also pulled out a 1957D wheatie at some point. Took a pic of the settings I was running, I was in All-Metal for the entire hunt. 

Have I mentioned I'm a big fan of OBN's Big Battery? 😁

20210104_133153.jpg

20210104_133258.jpg

20210104_133305.jpg

20210104_133329.jpg

20210104_133343.jpg

20210104_133525.jpg

20210104_135409.jpg

20210104_135659.jpg

Love the battery design by OBN,,but it seems according to the picture that if you drop the unit or put it on the ground ,the battery hits the ground first cause it sticks out of the foot support,or am i wrong?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PPP said:

Love the battery design by OBN,,but it seems according to the picture that if you drop the unit or put it on the ground ,the battery hits the ground first cause it sticks out of the foot support,or am i wrong?

Yes it does, that was the only short coming. If you set it against the wall it leans on the battery. I did have another design but to complicated to be around saltwater. After a few months it failed due to my fault. 

20200720_224136.jpg

• Like 2

Slim, No doubt that that was a great hunt and the ring is a beauty- congrats!! However, you are a skilled hunter and I wonder if you would have had the same results with your other detectors? I'm just trying to get a better idea of the AQ's capabilities since it's hard to tell on some posts if it is finding things that other detectors can't.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Compass said:

Slim, No doubt that that was a great hunt and the ring is a beauty- congrats!! However, you are a skilled hunter and I wonder if you would have had the same results with your other detectors? I'm just trying to get a better idea of the AQ's capabilities since it's hard to tell on some posts if it is finding things that other detectors can't.

Yes, many of the targets that I dug can be found with nearly any good detector but I can say that i had dug my deepest penny, dime and nickel this past week with the AQ. They were whisper signals that I am sure a CTX, Nox, and Dual Field would not hit. Maybe an Excal in all metal mode. 

So my conclusion is that there are targets waiting to be found that others cannot hear.

My experience level is over 13 years beach and water detecting.

I don't want to give inches since most of the beaches I hunt are not the soft fluffy or powdery beaches you find in FL, Virginia Beach, OC Maryland, shore of Rhode Island. The beaches are pack dense clay, black/silver sand/sediment and easily I lose 2 to 5 inches in depth.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1