1st 2021 Gold With The AQ

I am a believer...lol

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Another "AQ" Lover! And a beauty of a ring to prove it! Two scoops and gold..Love it! 

You cracked me up with the "Another fan of the Big Battery" Heck, I'm a fan of my own on the big battery. I made a small one I used a few times but the big one seems to really gives me peace of mind? 

Thanks OBN! Definitely peace of mind with the Big Battery, I went on a couple 8 hour hunts before the new years and the battery held up with no problems, My arms, shoulder and legs on the other hand could use an update though! 😁

• Like 1

10 hours ago, PPP said:

Love the battery design by OBN,,but it seems according to the picture that if you drop the unit or put it on the ground ,the battery hits the ground first cause it sticks out of the foot support,or am i wrong?

I'm very careful not to drop or place the unit on a hard surface, or lean the unit on anything that would make contact with the power cable. Hasn't been a problem for me yet. 🙂

3 hours ago, Compass said:

Slim, No doubt that that was a great hunt and the ring is a beauty- congrats!! However, you are a skilled hunter and I wonder if you would have had the same results with your other detectors? I'm just trying to get a better idea of the AQ's capabilities since it's hard to tell on some posts if it is finding things that other detectors can't.

Thanks George,  With the size of the coil, and the way it screams on the Gold, I personally think that I'm hitting more targets than I usually do with my Sov. GT which Is what I usually use..I don't own another high powered PI to compare it to like the TDI so I cant say that I wouldn't of hit this ring with another detector.

Before New Years I went out on a hunt and when I arrived at the beach I noticed another hunter off in the distance. When I finally made it to the spot where he was hunting (Left all his holes and trash) I decided to challenge myself and went over the area with the AQ. Next to one of his holes, 3 scoops down I pulled out a 7.3 gram Cuban chain ID bracelet. Also pulled a little clad from the area that he missed. I never did get close enough to the other hunter to speak to him, But I did recognize that he was using a PI and he was a skilled local hunter, wont mention his name though..🙂

Almost forgot to mention that the area had a decent amount of black sand that would have hindered depth on my GT...

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Slimpickuns said:

Thanks George,  With the size of the coil, and the way it screams on the Gold, I personally think that I'm hitting more targets than I usually do with my Sov. GT which Is what I usually use..I don't own another high powered PI to compare it to like the TDI so I cant say that I wouldn't of hit this ring with another detector.

Before New Years I went out on a hunt and when I arrived at the beach I noticed another hunter off in the distance. When I finally made it to the spot where he was hunting (Left all his holes and trash) I decided to challenge myself and went over the area with the AQ. Next to one of his holes, 3 scoops down I pulled out a 7.3 gram Cuban chain ID bracelet. Also pulled a little clad from the area that he missed. I never did get close enough to the other hunter to speak to him, But I did recognize that he was using a PI and he was a skilled local hunter, wont mention his name though..🙂

Almost forgot to mention that the area had a decent amount of black sand that would have hindered depth on my GT...

Thanks Slim, I suspect that an AQ production model is in my future so I appreciate the feedback from someone like yourself. From what I have read I believe that, performance-wise, the AQ has some similarities to the TDI (Beachhunter) but deeper and perhaps more sensitive to gold with its lower pulse delay. I would like to see some reports on the AQ's ability to find gold chains without pendants- the TDI BH will see gold chains that the Dual Field can't detect but not smaller ones. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Compass said:

Thanks Slim, I suspect that an AQ production model is in my future so I appreciate the feedback from someone like yourself. From what I have read I believe that, performance-wise, the AQ has some similarities to the TDI (Beachhunter) but deeper and perhaps more sensitive to gold with its lower pulse delay. I would like to see some reports on the AQ's ability to find gold chains without pendants- the TDI BH will see gold chains that the Dual Field can't detect but not smaller ones. 

Before the AQ came along, I was keeping an eye out for a TDI SL to purchase, decided to wait for the AQ instead and am pretty happy with my decision. The only serious problem I had was with the threshold knob, but everything's been tip-top since I've gotten back from Fisher repair shop.

I did do a few tests in my backyard with a small thin piece of gold rope chain and a thin gold necklace without the clasp and bale and like my other detectors, it just does not pick it up..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, CCadrin said:

So my conclusion is that there are targets waiting to be found that others cannot hear.

Amen to that, been say that for years....And the AQ is the machine. 

5 hours ago, CCadrin said:

The beaches are pack dense clay, black/silver sand/sediment and easily I lose 2 to 5 inches in depth.

I've got spots like that the Excalibur may hit 6 to 8 inch's, I've noticed the AQ hits much deeper.. more like 12 to 14...tough digging thru shells and clay. Both machines in AM.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Slimpickuns said:

My arms, shoulder and legs on the other hand could use an update though!

Boy do I hear that! The knuckles on my scoop hand are still sore from last week's digging, even with a Motus T-grip to help, although the muscles have recovered well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Slimpickuns said:

Before the AQ came along, I was keeping an eye out for a TDI SL to purchase, decided to wait for the AQ instead and am pretty happy with my decision. The only serious problem I had was with the threshold knob, but everything's been tip-top since I've gotten back from Fisher repair shop.

I did do a few tests in my backyard with a small thin piece of gold rope chain and a thin gold necklace without the clasp and bale and like my other detectors, it just does not pick it up..

I was so close in buying the TDI Beach Hunter and decided to wait. And I am glad I did.

As for small chains, I have no issues skipping over. I rather find rings.

Here is my first chain I found with the AQ but it had a charm when I found it. I took the charm off just to weigh it. Nice $450 melt value.

IMG_3679.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1