Couple Excalibur Gold 1916 & 1929 Class Rings

Well Joe.  I like what you find.

Toasty at high 30s ... you gotta be tough!  A lot to be learned from that statement.

What's the market like for old class rings?  Is there a premium above the other jewelry?  Are there collectors?  

Mitchel

• Thanks 1

Great finds and nice rings for sure.

I hope and wish you luck for your next hunt.

• Thanks 1

Love those old class rings.  I remember my dad wearing his 1924 class ring.  It seemed to be worn smooth back in the 1950's.  Congrats and get that AQ out there and see if you can find more classmates!!!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, mn90403 said:

Well Joe.  I like what you find.

Toasty at high 30s ... you gotta be tough!  A lot to be learned from that statement.

What's the market like for old class rings?  Is there a premium above the other jewelry?  Are there collectors?  

Mitchel

Thanks You! Really it's not bad at all, I hate being wet and cold, one thing for sure... either of those and I would not be out during the winter. 

Market on old class rings...Just the melt value. Most are not in the best condition. 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

Great finds and nice rings for sure.

I hope and wish you luck for your next hunt.

Thank you! And Best to you on your adventures!

14 hours ago, Rivers rat said:

Jez some nice crusty and uncrusty bits there!!!!!!!!Well done!!!!!

RR

Thanks River rat! 

10 hours ago, cuniagau said:

Love those old class rings.  I remember my dad wearing his 1924 class ring.  It seemed to be worn smooth back in the 1950's.  Congrats and get that AQ out there and see if you can find more classmates!!!

Thanks Cuniagau! And Good to see the "AQ" in the front lines!  I'll be out next week, which machine I take will be based on the water level.

41 minutes ago, Dances With Doves said:

Way to go Joe.Any silver rings ?It was nice being tied  with you on the gold count for a couple days.

Thank you Sir! No silver rings, they get ate up bad, and most just fall a part. Keep on Hammering! Going to be a slow year for me...

Thanks to everyone for the Kind words, Be Safe! 

It’s always a pleasure to see those old rings Joe.  And as always, I’m amazed at what still lies under the water. Well done 👏 

• Like 2

Congrats Joe!

Lovely old pieces there...

Hopefully Monday I'll be free to go again at the beach...But the wind will be tremendously bad...I'm however happy cause this fu....g lockdown is boring and I miss the "sand control"...

• Thanks 1