Hey Norm 

My mom has titanium in her ankle,,,,,maybe you'd register up on the high end ?

(Before anybody asks....

No , I haven't checked her, she's been in lockdown at the home since I got the 800 !)

• Like 1

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Our good buddy Norman Mcquarrie Has been sidelined from spinal surgery. He said he is experiencing improvement this morning which is wonderful. A neck brace will be part of his ward

Thanks for all of the nice comments and best wishes. I got discharged yesterday  and now I having to deal with my very own "nurse Ratchet" she will not let me skate on anything! There are a lot of you

I thought I would give an update on my recovery. It was six weeks ago today that I had surgery, I was sure hoping for a much faster return to some normal activities, just not happening. Still very dep

Posted Images

I just saw this thread and I do not know you Norm , but you are a fellow human and detectorist. My prayers are for a full recovery. 

3 years ago I had neck surgery. 3 disc's and 2 titanium plates ( I wish they were AU or Plat). I wore that neck brace for 4 solid months. I had 2 braces. Only changing them out after a shower. Rehab wasn't to bad for me. The surgeon told me at the surgery he was preventing it from getting worse. That I'm lucky I'm not paralyzed. What he didn't tell me was that I would get better. I will never be the same again. I lost about a year of detecting. I'm a detecting madman but unfortunately I have nerve damage that may never fully recover from. I'm uneasy on my feet because balance is off. And my hands are shot. But I make the best of it because others out there have it worse. So I feel fortunate I can still do what I love. Do what the Dr.s tell you and again...I pray for a full recovery for you.

• Like 4

Hey Norm Happy Birthday! Hoping your recovery is going well…the vast outdoors misses you.

• Like 2

Thanks Flak, this is the first birthday that I can say that I have actually felt my age 79 today!

Norm

• Like 3
  • Oh my! 1

Well Norm,

I just think you got a little dose of Kryptonite! I suspect that you've still got some Superman years left in you!

Happy Birthday! 🎊🎂  And good health to you!!👍👍

• Like 1

🎂🎁🎉Happy birthday Norm! 🎉🎁🎂

• Like 2