Minelab GPZ 7000 Depth Tests And Charts - Looking Back

goldenoldie

You know that I found that Minelab test pit - and I went all over it, inside and out thinking that they may have left a :nugget:  or two behind - no luck. Haha

• Like 1

You know that I found that Minelab test pit - and I went all over it, inside and out thinking that they may have left a :nugget:  or two behind - no luck. Haha

G'day Nenad, 

I am not familiar with or have read about the test pit you found, or is that a tongue in cheek reply with your last wording of Haha?,

Oh heck goldenoldie, let it rip! You won't hurt anyone's feelings. Hand holding nuggets in an open hole in the side of an open pit is nothing more than an attempt to do some tests not unlike burying test targets. Certainly not the same as in place nuggets found in the wild. We get to see but little of what they were doing and what the tests really were and where they fit in the overall picture however. I have to admit I am just making an assumption that what we see in the video is connected with the charts in some way, but I have no knowledge that is true or not. Just an assumption on my part.

Critical thinking is a good thing!

• Like 2

Bummer. Oh well, it really is kind of moot at this point. People's views on it all are colored of course by their own experiences with the GPZ. By and large everyone has made up their mind one way or the other and there seems to be but little discussion of the GPZ these days on most other forums I visit.

That's because I beat you to it Nenad. :lol:  :minelab:

On the subject of depth tests conducted by Minelab for the GPZ 7000 I can assure you they approached it in a very rigorous scientific manner. The "Test Bed" in the video is only a very small part of the bigger picture.

I'm not a big fan of the whole "Up to 40% extra depth" marketing approach but have to say I'm a bit sick and tired of the constant "40%" sniping comments being made every time the subject comes up!

The facts are there for you to see in the graph, that graph was generated scientifically, Bruce Candy is a scientist through and through and would not put his name to data like that unless it met with his very strict standards. So like I've said before look at the graph and take what it  says as gospel, that graph is the true picture behind the GPZ 7000.

JP

• Like 4