New Area Hunt

beatup

The area is not particularly known for gold production, mostly silver and lead with some copper.  The canyon we worked is a classic slot canyon with lots of bedrock and high steep walls.  Unfortunately, there's lots of trash from an old silver mine way up the canyon.  We were stuck with working only shallow bedrock, too many deep trash targets.  It's easy to lose your vigor after walking a mile or so and digging a couple 2' holes for pieces of wire and rusted tin cans.  I wish I was about 15 years younger and able to hike up and around the little feeder canyons.  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Good to get gold for your efforts.

All three of you survived for another day.  You also got another reward.  Every time you see a less challenging hunt you will think of it as 'easy!'

Mitchel

• Like 2

Interesting looking pieces. Congrats!

• Like 1

Glad you all were able to find some yellow metal.  Kind of sucks when only 1 guy finds it, so great for you all.  GPZ-7000 is hard to beat in many situations.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Great hunting in such conditions, and I know that you will be ready to go again soon.

Good luck on your next outing.

• Like 2

The best i remember, all three of you are part mountain goat. Great to find some yellow!  

Norm

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, normmcq said:

Norm

Take it easy so maybe you can join them in the future.