Vista X Coil Connector

I read on another forum this morning where DeepTech had posted that they are changing the current 5 Pin coil connector to a 6 Pin design. Evidently to facilitate better alignment and prevent damaging the connection. Was hoping to see it also posted here. Are they a member?

Quote:

"IMPORTANT INFORMATION for all dealers and VISTA X users !
Starting in JANUARY all NEW VISTA X metal detectors will be supplied to you with 6-pin connectors instead of the ones used so far 5-pin connectors.
ALL USERS who already own VIsta X or these who will order in the future, if and when decide to purchase additional search coils, must inform us or the dealer with what connector is his Vista X and will receive coil with the same connector. Or to give the serial number of the unit.
I have to explain our decision. There are no problems with 5-pin connectors. This is categorical.
But some users try force socket before line up correctly and this break cables inside the cable connector.
Rosi"

• Like 4

• 11 months later...

I just ordered a Vista X (I was on the fence, but JCR helped me decide). Richard a Backwoods just got in an order of the new 6 pin design.

• Like 2

I'm glad to hear you decided to get the Vista X. It is a fun unit to run AND it performs! The 6 pin design is to help prevent misalignment of the coil connection. Richard is a great guy with a lot of experience on the Deeptech machines.

Let us all know about your thoughts & progress using it.

• Like 1

Good machine, you should do really well with it. I been on the fence on the warrior and gold gain. I like the higher frequencies but they get slaughtered on depth here in the north east with the rich black soil when wet. Warrior is 18khz so wouldn't do better than my Tejon. Now if they only made a Warrior that ran 5-10khz, had threshold adjust it would be pretty hard to beat in this area. Not sure why not many machines don't have separate gain and sensitivity control. Without that you can't really focus the target response for different hunting. IE deep searching or shallow recent drops jewelry etc.

• Like 2

JCR; I will let you know how it works for me, but it will be awhile. The ground is frozen here and will likely not thaw until spring.

Kac; Is it the high salinity of the wet muck that causes problems at high frequency? I have a site that is flood irrigated and the salinity causes problems with all of my detectors except the Nox in Beach mode (have not tried the Tarsacci there yet).

I think you will enjoy it. I had one of the first production models here in Canada to test and really had fun with it. If you like smaller coils, you can't be without the round  5.7" and or the Super 6.

Sven,

I ordered the Super 6, which I believe is a 6x8" butterfly. I may consider the Demon if I like the machine.

Kent

• Like 1

I have the big Demon coil also & it is great in open areas. Not too heavy, separates & pin points well.