Want C Cell Battery Pack Alternative For Whites 5900 Di SL Pro

Whites 5900 Di SL Pro   

Need a way to power the unit,

New adventure..   , but I would rather copy

What options do I have? (Welcome to suggestions)

What can I replace the "C" holder with?   

For instance, moving the 4.5 volt power pack to a waist belt and cable system, using a 1/8" phono/headphone jack to quick disconnect.

Or perhaps a rechargeable battery pack that can be plugged into a charger without removing.

Has anyone designed a battery system that is fairly quick and easy?   (and perhaps even lighter than 4 "C size batteries)

Sub "C" or Double "A" batteries might be an option.

I may make a balsa wood holder if I cannot find the Whites Original for less than 33.00 plus shipping.

Would like to see what others may have done to improve their power requirements.

So many options when it comes to batteries, each with Pros and Cons..

Offer suggestions as I am brainstorming,

Thank you in advance...

PS. (right now I can get a 4 "AA" battery holder for $1.95 and the balsa wood block would be quick and easy to adapt as a slide in)

• The title was changed to Want C Cell Battery Pack Alternative For Whites 5900 Di SL Pro
  • 2 weeks later...

Called Garrett and they will be manufacturing parts for the Whites, but it will be 3 or 4 months.

I bought a 6 volt rechargeable battery from Wal-Mart for 9 bucks.  will need to use a belt pouch and a cord, (drilling a hole in the unit to mount a phono plug to power the unit).  Has any one else tried this?   Might get to it this week-end.  

• Like 1