Only 23 Cents Found So Far

Awsome coins Caleb, and they only smell like dirt!🤗

No one wants to see the last 23 cents i found! Not even the cashier at the store!😂

Look's like your doing fine with the 800! Trash is inevitable if you want to catch the good stuff!👍👍

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

Awesome coins bro! the best 23 cents i have ever seen. Looks like you are getting better with your swinging, good job. 😃 ht

• Thanks 1

Well done.  You have some good stuff near you and you have made an effort to get some.

As Jim Straight said a detector only finds dust in a closet.

Keep it up.

Mitchel

Wow, that's impressive.

Guess they don't smell like rancid whale oil?  :biggrin:

Those are excellent finds, and quite old!  None is a low mintage but the conditions are really good, especially the 1829 dime.  That one has some numismatic value due to its condition (looks like a VF-25 (probably) or VF-30 (maybe) to my eye.  You can grade it yourself here.

Definitely don't do any cleaning.  Just soaking in water will take off the dirt clods remaining.  Don't rub with a cloth -- that will leave micro-scratches.

I bet you can't wait to get back out there (probably detecting right now as I write this).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If that had been a curled base 1829 dime, you would have really had something there! Still great finds though.👍

• Like 1

Nice condition on those. Coins in that period you many want to start checking any low aluminum hits, might be a chance on a gold $1

Trimes always amaze me how thin and small they are.

Congrats!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1