Only 23 Cents Found So Far

rename your post!!!  Been avoiding reading your post because of the "23 cents" part but I got bored so took a peak and damned glad I did!!!!!  NICE hunt. Looks like a silver 3 center(?) and you top it off with a sweetie of a seatie, and a capper ta boot?  I envy you guys back east with the real old stuff....  go get some more!!!!

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Gold Seeker said:

if you can find where the clothes lines were they're always a good place for coins.

The old clothes lines were to the left of the church and before the cemetery also to the left of the church.

They have been gone for almost 50 years now, but you can still see where they were.

Thanks for the tip.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, oneguy said:

Looks like a silver 3 center(?)

Yes all 3 coins are silver and in very good condition.

Since it turn colder I have stayed indoors until it gets above 30 degrees, but plan to get back out the soon.

Thank you and don't just think that we are the only ones with finds like this, do some research in your area and look for something in the country to hunt. I have found that old churches and schools are the best places to research.

• Like 2

Just got permission to hunt another old church in the same neighborhood as this one.

They say it was the only other church for several miles from the rest of the county. These 2 churches also taught English to the Indians back in their hay days.

Can't wait for warm weather to get here, but next week I have to go to the Gulf and drop off some equipment.

• Like 3

I think we're gonna have to watch out for this kid !

He's got Grandpa moving his swinging arm ! .......?

And another church permission ! hmmmmmmmm

skuh kuh kuh kuh

Are you bringing the Nox with you to the gulf ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

He's got Grandpa moving his swinging arm ! .......?

At times I feel that he has never left my side and is still teaching me new things.

Thank you for the nice words.

Yes I  will bring the Nox with me.

• Like 1

Holy cow VL....that's amazing!!!!! In all my years of detecting I've never found any one of those coins. The condition of those coins is just as impressive. Happy for you and looking forward to seeing more awesome finds! 😮

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Compass said:

looking forward to seeing more awesome finds! 😮

If you are ever out this way we could go to some of my areas I have been hunting if you like.

Thank you for your kind words, and good luck on your next hunt.

• Like 1

As far as cleaning I would proceed with caution. Personally, I think those coins look fabulous just as they are!

• Like 1