Only 23 Cents Found So Far

Awesome hunt!  That trime and bust dime, are in great condition and coins that are rarely found, congratulations!

9 hours ago, Wendell Clark said:

Your research paid off.

Research is part of the method my grandfather and people on this forum has taught me. I don't think I could have found them without the people here and the advice from them.

7 hours ago, Joe D. said:

and they only smell like dirt!🤗

That's the most important thing as it has given me the desire to get back out there.

3 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

Guess they don't smell like rancid whale oil? 

3 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

Definitely don't do any cleaning. 

They don't smell at all and the only cleaning I plan on doing is the ultrasonic cleaner.

Thank you

2 hours ago, cudamark said:

If that had been a curled base 1829 dime, you would have really had something there!

I am just happy that I was able to find these coins, the trash was starting to get to me.

Thank you

2 hours ago, kac said:

Nice condition on those. Coins in that period you many want to start checking any low aluminum hits, might be a chance on a gold $1

Trimes always amaze me how thin and small they are.

Congrats!

I could not believe how good they were, and since there is a possibility of gold I go with the feeling of dig everything because of that. Thanks

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rivers rat said:

Some nice coins there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well done

Thank you I just wish I had some of the areas where you are at to hunt. I would love to hunt around some of the old castles in your country.

Thank you

1 hour ago, Cal_Cobra said:

Awesome hunt!  That trime and bust dime, are in great condition and coins that are rarely found, congratulations!

After I had found it I was going back to the car and had dropped it and had to find it again. They are hard to find when they are by themselves, but easier when there are other coins near them. I am always amazed at some of your finds and hope that someday I will be as good as some of the people on this forum. Thanks

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

That's the way to do it !

Grandpa will be proud.

Thank you I hope that I am making him just as happy as I am learning his detector.

4 hours ago, Dances With Doves said:

That is a monumental hunt.A  Seated and Bust dime and  Trime  oh my.A gold coin could be next.

Thank you and I have just begun on this location and hope that more nice finds are in my future there.

I did forget to mention that I used only the factory settings on Park 1, Sense at 18, and then did the standard GB and Noise cancel.

When I have some warmer weather I plan to go back and do more than a 20X20 area. This area needs to be gone over very carefully or I will miss something. I have found the 3 locations where the old out houses were located on the property.

If anyone has any more suggestions I am all ears and ready to learn what to do next.

Great job on the finds!!  My holy grail is a trime, I just can't seem to trip over one yet. As for other things to try, they are the clothes line areas. Look for rope scars on the tree's or if you find oddly placed iron pipe in the ground try and find another and hunt all around. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

I did forget to mention that I used only the factory settings on Park 1, Sense at 18, and then did the standard GB and Noise cancel.

When I have some warmer weather I plan to go back and do more than a 20X20 area. This area needs to be gone over very carefully or I will miss something. I have found the 3 locations where the old out houses were located on the property.

If anyone has any more suggestions I am all ears and ready to learn what to do next.

3 great coins, very nice ones too, congratulations!

I know it might be hard to do but if you can find where the clothes lines were they're always a good place for coins.

• Like 1