Minelab Mf5?

It's a countermine detector so won't be available through Minelab retailers.
They won't sell you any without Government military approval.

It runs on Simultaneous Multi-Frequency (4 frequencies in the range 5 kHz to 75 kHz) so to me looks like an Equinox with a higher 75kHz frequency in a SDC housing. You'd be better off with the EQ800 IMO.

Minelab wrote:

Minelab’s unique Simultaneous Multi-Frequency Digital technology results in the MF5 providing superior detection capabilities by combining the advantages of Pulse Induction and Continuous Wave technologies.
https://www.minelab.com/anzea/countermine/detectors/mf5

I think some people are getting thrown by the above statement believing that it actually combines Pulse Induction & Continuous Wave but all they are saying is that Simultaneous Multi-frequency combines the advantages of them.

Edit: The "prospecting store" that the info came from is an Aussie prospector who sells maps & occasionally used gear. He's not a Minelab dealer or anything like that. The info on his website is basically his own blog/opinion not gospel news. 

• Like 3

Hi Rob,

The MF5 was discussed here back in November. It is already on the market, and therefore nothing to do with the GPX 6000. The MF5 is a multifrequency mine detector packed in the SDC box. It may have prospecting applications, but that is not what it was designed for. I suspect the unit is an offshoot of Multi-IQ, but since this is military they will not want to mix consumer tech terminology into how it’s advertised.

minelab-mf5-metal-detector.jpg

• Like 3