Sign in to follow this  
Steve Herschbach

Follow The Drywashers "The Nuggetshooter's Bible", New Eighth Edition By Jim Straight

Just in time for Christmas, the new eighth edition of Jim Straights Follow The Drywashers "The Nuggetshooter's Bible" is now available. This book has a new binder, new cover and an additional 30-40 pages of information. First seen on Rob's forum at http://forums.nuggethunting.com/index.php?/topic/11756-jim-straights-new-nuggetshooters-bible-new-edition-volume-8/

post-1-0-51336400-1450807670_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I'll have to look in my library this weekend and see how old my copies are. 

I know my edition doesn't have any color pictures :D

HH

Mike

I am having a hard time tracking down Mr. Straight's bibliography.  Especially volume 1 and 2 of the above book.  Could someone list his complete bibliography for me.  Thanks in advance!

Nobody knows?

Thanks, i did start a thread over on Nugget Shooter.  I am surprised that eveyone knows about his books but not all his books?  I thought this would be an easy question lol

I did see Rob has some of his books listed on his webpage to Jim but it has not been updated nor does it have his complete bibliography.

To be honest with you I would be surprised if even Jim himself can remember all of the books and booklets that he wrote.

Sorry, was out of town and not many other people would know this stuff. Not too many memorize lists of books authors wrote, and most of Jim's titles were obscure. I sold Jim's books for many years and here are the ones I know of:

"Advanced Prospecting & Detecting for Hard Rock Gold"
"Nuggetshooting Dryplacer Areas"
"Successful Drywashing"
"Magnificent Quest"
"Follow the Drywashers - The Nuggetshooter's Bible"
"Three Hours to Gold From Southern California"

There was no volume 1 or 2 of Follow the Drywashers that I have ever seen listed in the way you might be thinking of them. I forget Jim's rational on that but I don't think there was a three volume set. More like a couple of his other books were volume 1 and 2 but never officially designated as such or something along those lines. First and second editions? Could be wrong about that though. Been a while.

• Like 2

When I was younger mostly prospecting out west, Magnificent Quest and Advanced Prospecting and Detecting for Hard Rock Gold are two incredible books that really helped me out.  It seemed those two books fit the areas I was working exactly. 

When I ordered Magnificent Quest I was stationed in Ft Benning so when I got the book it had a personnel note from Jim with some info about his service in the Army.  I thought that was pretty cool.

• Like 1

Glad I sold my earlier edition for a nice mark-up a while back.  Now I can afford the new one! Lol

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By amergin
      I just came across this Book "Forgotten Coins of the North American Colonies" on eBay
      So I decided to buy it with the CD. 

It just arrived yesterday and I am floored at this extensive study of colonial counterfeits, the book is nearly 1" thick and the coins are reproduced over sized, it a great inexpensive reference guide, and an in-depth education into how raw it was to have to manage during those early years
    • By Steve Herschbach
      "The Portable Antiquities Scheme's database holds records of archaeological finds discovered by members of the public. These are found while carrying out a wide range of activities including metal-detecting. Our first record was made in 1998, the half-million mark was reached in March 2010, and our millionth object, a Roman coin from the Seaton hoard, was recorded in September 2014.
      Our database is easy to search, and your search results can be filtered to find just the data you want. You can find tips on searching the database here.
      Our records are available with differing levels of information, depending on your user account. The Scheme is very willing to give research access to researchers who register with us for higher-level access. An ever increasing body of research is now being conducted on our collated data, enabling some very high-calibre work with great success in obtaining AHRC and other sources of funding.
      We do not record details of objects found by professional archaeologists (details of these can be found by contacting your local Historic Environment Record) but we do occasionally incorporate data recorded by other institutions. In March 2010 we added the records of the Oxford University Celtic Coin Index (CCI- prefix) and Cardiff University's Iron Age and Roman coins of Wales project (IARCW- prefix). These records complement the data that the Scheme collects itself, but the information has been imported from a different data model, so images and inscriptions are not always available. We do not have access to the objects to improve this situation.
      Most of our images are available under a CC-BY licence. We encourage people to use our data and images as widely as possible. Enjoy!"
      Visit the website

• By Steve Herschbach
      The Tesoro Metal Detector Information Magazine was last published in 2010. It has lots more than just descriptions of Tesoro metal detectors. From the forward"
      WELCOME to the 22nd edition of the Tesoro Electronics’ Metal Detector Information (MDI) magazine. The MDI has been a thirty-year journey to share stories, provide field tests, and guide customers to the metal detectors that satisfy their hunting needs. This MDI has a slightly different format. While we still have many guidelines and a few stories, we are reprinting field tests for all the available Tesoro products. These are field tests from previous MDI’s or other sources, so you will see “reprint of” by most of the bylines. We hope that these field tests will help with your selection of Tesoro products,
      whether you are looking for your first machine or your latest upgrade."
      and the table of contents:
      Do You Have A Question?—by James Gifford ................................4
      Pieces of History—by Mike Harvey .................................................11
      Lobo SuperTRAQ Field Test—by Chris Gholson ..........................12
      Lil’ piece of El Dorado—by Sherry Spalding ................................15
      Compadre Field Test—by Gordon S. Gibson.................................16
      Silver Umax Field Test—by Ron Barnes.........................................18
      Cibola Field Test—by Ron Barnes ..................................................20
      Vaquero Field Test—by Ben Meyers ...............................................22
      Tesoro Metal Detectors .....................................................................26
      Lord of the Rings—by Ken Dewerson ............................................36
      Sand Shark Field Test—by Ben Meyers..........................................37
      Tiger Shark Field Test—by Andy Sabisch ......................................40
      DeLeon Field Test—by Ron Barnes ................................................42
      Golden Umax Field Test—by Joe Patrick .......................................44
      Cortes Field Test—by Michael O. Smith .........................................46
      Hawkeye —by Ben Marshall.............................................................49
      Recommended Recovery Methods-by Robert H. Sickler .............50
      Tesoro Metal Detector Comparison Chart ......................................51
      Can You Choose the Right Detector?—by Casey Stern...............52
      Tesoro Does It Again—by Robert Terry .........................................54
      Tejon Field Test—by Andy Sabish...................................................55
      Treasure Hunter’s Glossary-Adapted from W&E Treasures ........58
      Metal Detectorist’s Code of Ethics..................................................60
      Tesoro U.S. & International Distributors.........................................61
      Tesoro Authorized Dealers...............................................................62
      The magazine is still available for download here and as a freebie is well worth the addition to anyone's metal detecting library. You can find more free books at this websites Metal Detecting & Prospecting Library.
    • By afreakofnature
      Hello all! I can not seem to find a copy to purchase of the 8th Edition of Jim Straight's Follow the Drywashers Vol 3. The Nuggetshooters Bible.  I have the 6th Edition and I would like to see what has been updated and added since.  I have heard there are over 40 new pages of material!
      The other book that I have been wanting to read is Larry Sallee's The Complete Unabridged Zip Zip!  I just can not afford the $200 price tag on this book nor do any libraries have it.
      I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to let me borrow their copies.  I would only need it for a couple weeks.  I would pay for shipping both ways (PayPal friends), I could even put a deposit down or something.  Would anyone be willing to give a hand?  Thank you!
    • By Reno Chris
      At the ICMJ we've decided to post a free issue of the prospecting and Mining Journal magazine on the internet for any new folks who are around to see what it is. (Also experienced prospectors who are wondering about the magazine). We have up to date articles about how to get more gold in your prospecting, legal issues and the best equipment out there for finding gold. If you have any interest in prospecting, this is the magazine you will the most learn from. I may be a little biased as I'm the assistant Editor, but on the other hand I've been getting this magazine since the late 1970s and its always been a lot of fun.  Take a look, I think you'll be glad you did. I you want to subscribe, the subscription info is on the inside of the last page. Its worth not missing a single issue.           https://www.icmj.com/resources/news-and-events/miners-news/free-online-sample-issue-392/