Minelab GPX 6000 Revealed!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Found it on Youtube. Hard to tell if that connector is bigger than the old style or not.

Caution: I have no idea who posted this or where these phone numbers go to or if that logo is a legit business, it appears to be a legit Minelab produced video which someone has overlayed their personal information onto.

Screen shots:

minelab-gpx-6000-display-controls.jpg

minelab-gpx-6000-body.jpg

minelab-gpx-6000-side-view.jpg

minelab-gpx-6000-11-mono-search-coil.jpg

• Like 3

It looks like that unboxind video ... that the GPX 6000 will have low weight.

I was looking up data ..  the weight of the detector is 4.6 lbs / 2.1 Kilogram...

minelab-gpx6000-features.jpg

• Thanks 1

My understanding is the USA marketing meeting with Minelab is next week and it'll still be a month before 6000's go on sale here. Take with as many grains of salt as necessary...

Also: the knob literally goes to "11". Nigel Tufnel approves. 😄

This appears to be a machine designed directly for the African/Middle East markets. Easy to use and learn without English menus, the manual appears to be tiny, and basically a turn on and go machine? Like the GM, I assume it will have uses here though too.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

The guy on the video making the presentation is called Ali Ibrahim. Development Manager
Minelab MEA

Check him out here:

https://egypt-mining.com/speakers.html

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jasong said:This appears to be a machine designed directly for the African/Middle East markets. Easy to use and learn without English menus, the manual appears to be tiny, and basically a turn on and go machine? 

Being in the USA market I’m ok with easy to use and learn, tiny, and turn on and go machine 😀

My question is how water resistant it is, where I detect I have the potential for deep large nuggets, but it rains and I’ll be going through all grass and brush that could be water logged. The last thing I want to do is buy a top end detector and have it fried due to a downpour. 

• Like 1