Minelab GPX 6000 Revealed!

11 minutes ago, Gold Catcher said:

I wonder if the "experienced" detectorist always needs that many settings to play with. Take a look at the SDC. Practically no settings and yet it is being used by beginners and advanced detectorists alike. This is because the SDC is a specialized detector that is nearly perfect for certain ground and terrain conditions. Who knows, perhaps the 6000 has a similar unique area of dominance over other machines. One never fits all 🙂

absolutely! As Steve mentioned, the amount of buttons has no direct correlation to the power of a device. This is true in both directions...

But I guess, the advanced detectorist likes the possibility of "custom-tuning" everything to his situation. Anyway, me personally, I'm more focused on the place, where I detect, than on the detector settings and I do pretty well that way. But I'm not in Australia, I'm in the Swiss alps, so I'm for sure no reference, nor an expert.

• Like 2

Swiss alps are beautiful. Did not know they have gold deposits there. Awesome place then to "test drive" the 6000. 😁

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

With the Mono coils provided as standard equipment and no mention of iron reject, I suspect iron reject is not an included feature and possibly also not compatible with legacy GPX coils (ML or 3rd party).  If that is the case, it won’t be very popular with the relic hunter crowd other than the fact that it does appear to be lighter, weatherproof, and no cables flopping about.  If it had/has iron reject and legacy GPX DD coil compatibility - no brainer for me, there would be a used GPX 4800 up on the classifieds board tomorrow.  But without it, would have to wait for a highly discounted, lightly used “oops why did I but this?” unit.

But Simon, it has a built-in loudspeaker!  :smile:

I agree. As a relic hunter and beach hunter, it's the auto functionality of it that bothers me most. I'd be shocked if the machine will match my GPX 5000 ability to find dime and penny size targets at 15-20" deep. Also I would guess that EMI functionality was probably not improved much if any. In rural areas, the EMI is very different that the ones I get in coastal areas at some beaches. We shall see, but I won't rush to get one.

Even though it has EMI settings for double D coils, I would want EMI mitigation for my monoloop. The other issue is that when I go over ground with different timings I get more gold that I didnt see. Similarly over time my settings have got hotter. Would these be possible? Or does this get it all the first time? Bring on the first testers

Hmmm!

That Arabic video shows clearly the incompatible screw on end connector compared to existing GPX coils. Completely different pin layout. Typical Minelab - - -

• Like 1