Minelab GPX 6000 Revealed!

Miners Den Adelaide web site says closed today - open tomorrow.

12 minutes ago, VicR said:

Miners Den Adelaide web site says closed today - open tomorrow.

quick web search  says they have a staff shortage but Melb and Bendigo can help you .

Thanks but can wait till tomorrow.

The company  who are posting all the GPX6000 videos advertise as General Detectors on the clips - it appears they are  from Kuwait - if you have a look at their website (via Facebook page) they are not advertising Minelab product just  OKM machines . Looking at the Minelab website General Detectors are not listed as the distributor for Kuwait - its another business and if you go to the authorised distributors webpage it looks a lot more genuine.

So it looks like General Detectors has somehow managed to get a new GPX6000 - not being an official distributor its going to be hard for Minelab to hold them to account.

Just looked at the new video of the 6000 on you tube. Looks to me the terminal layout for the coil supplied is three pins across the bottom and two higher up? Its been a while since I had a 5000 but i`m sure the 5000 series coils have a circular pin set up and the adapter can only couple one way?

I take it that all the earlier made coils suitable for the GPX series are not usable? check the video yourselves, cheers sturt

2 hours ago, Elijah said:

Give the link

It's unfortunate that Minelab appears to have eliminated connector compatibility with the prior GPX coils. I talked to Chris Gholson. He is participating in a briefing with Minelab on 01/15. I suggested that he ask about this. 

It's pretty obvious in this video at 4:38 and 7:01 that the connectors are a new design:

• Like 1

Not surprising.  If you can only have an 11 inch and a 17 inch coil then that makes the SDC with the 8 inch still relevant for sale. And it gives the GPZ, which I know is different technology, a 13 inch and a 19 inch. Pretty sure ML is saying that if you want different coil sizes you have to buy different detectors 🤦‍♂️

• Like 3
  • Sad 3