Minelab GPX 6000 Revealed!

I am not bothered about the headphone socket as i will be using blue tooth cordless - for me it is only a backup if  for some reason the blue tooth headphones are not working. In nearly three years of using the Equinox i have only been hard wired once.

• Like 1

I still plan to use the SP01 with it, so cable is needed and an appropriate wireless transmitter

• Like 1

Chase

What I was trying to get across was that there may already be a set of double D coils as well as the PI in the same coil housing .  Possibly selected via software ?  (maybe through an update later?)

Call it musings of a lifelong guitar pickup twiddler....(I see a lot of similarities..)

The designers  are integrating software to decipher the various patterns of the pickup coils .

Something I never did with quirky winding/wiring  on guitars but coils are coils.

Is there a reason to believe they aren't working on different ways to deploy them too ? 

Just been thinking about the questions raised about why the different connector and incompatibility with older model coils...(why''d they do it that way ?) That could be a reason .

Call it musings of a lifelong guitar pickup twiddler....(I see a lot of similarities..)

(I don't know  if maybe a ML engineer is laughing at me right now ,,,but maybe he's going "hmmmmmmm")

A set of Double D as well as PI?

I assume you mean mono not PI, PI is the transmission method, not a coil

But then the question would be why?

A Double D coil can Emulate a Mono Coil as Chase has already explained, so it would make more sense for the 6000’s coils be DD in the first place??

Unless the 6000 coils are actually concentric, where you could get 2 different sized switchable mono’s using the outer or inner coils, and emulate a DD (almost) by switching to transmit and receive using the outer Transmit and inner receive.

But this is all pure speculation,

Rather than beat one’s self up with all possibilities, why not just wait and see?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

What I was trying to get across was that there may already be a set of double D coils as well as the PI in the same coil housing .  Possibly selected via software ?  (maybe through an update later?)

You lost me.  As egixe4 said, not quite sure what you are referring to.  The included coils are clearly mono and it appears that DD coils are supported also by the 6000, but not for iron rejection, solely for noise cancellation.  The connector redesign could be explained simply by the fact that 1) they wanted to use a watertight connector housing and 2) the legacy GPX coils are wound in a manner that sub-optimizes 6000 performance so they are using a connector "interlock" to prevent their use.

• Like 1

I’m liking the “Lighter Swing - Weighs only 2.1kg (4.6 lbs) and made from carbon-fibre” aspect with a telescoping shaft that collapses to 30” long. No harness! Integrated battery and speaker with wireless audio. It’s a Minelab which means gold getting capability to match the price. Seriously, when does this not prove to be the case? Not sure I’m going to like the price, but I’m liking what I see as far as packaging.

One thing about light weight detectors however. They do not play as well with huge coils, and it looks to me like those interested in running 20” or larger coils will find the old GPX with harness to be a better option. The beauty of that system is the ability to easily customize the balance point for all but the largest coils.

I hate to admit it but I’m not getting stronger with age. My push for better ergonomics has been purely selfish, and it looks like Minelab has been listening.

Minelab GPX 6000 Data & Reviews

9BB57308-6893-43A4-B33C-977D5E09EDBB.jpeg
collapsible-minelab-gpx-6000.jpg

minelab-gpx-6000-gold-nugget-metal-detector.jpg

minelab-gpx-6000-display-controls-lcd.jpg

• Like 9

I dont see how this detector could be any better then the currently PI machines in the field. You cant even use aftermarket coils meaning you are limited to the 2 only coils.

I also dont see it being better then the GPZ.. 

We are being feed old technology everytime by these companies and we always fall into buying them all the time. 

Here is an English language video. Not much new here, but he says "available in mid February", which is what we kinda already knew, but this early Middle East release appears to be machines not for sale?

He seems to imply he's going to put another video out in English describing the features or how they work?

• Like 1