Minelab GPX 6000 Revealed!

Been Googling waiting for better pictures to pop up and just tripped over this cool find.....

https://www.aptx.com/products/minelab-gpx-6000

"Fastest, lightest & most simple way to find all types of gold in one machine."

gpx-6000-minelab-gold-nugget-metal-detector.jpg
Minelab GPX 6000 gold nugget detector

Minelab GPX 6000 Data & Reviews

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Sorry Chase .

I was just delving into "maybe they did this " land. And throwing it into the discussion.

It doesn't matter ,,unless I was right and then ML will have a better description in their lit.

• Like 1

From the pictures it looks like the battery is going to have a secondary function as the ground stand. Will be interesting  to see how this design will cope with the wear and tear of repeatedly being placed (dropped sometimes) onto rough ground. Looks like the after market canvass cover manufacturers will have another product coming up.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, VicR said:

From the pictures it looks like the battery is going to have a secondary function as the ground stand. Will be interesting  to see how this design will cope with the wear and tear of repeatedly being placed (dropped sometimes) onto rough ground. Looks like the after market canvass cover manufacturers will have another product coming up.

A very good point. Sharp rocks hitting the battery cover are a real issue. You only need to drop the detector once to loosen the clip on slide. What would ML reaction be to warranty?  cheers sturt

6 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

Sorry Chase .

I was just delving into "maybe they did this " land. And throwing it into the discussion.

It doesn't matter ,,unless I was right and then ML will have a better description in their lit.

No worries, just wasn't clued in to what you were suggesting, and there was no evidence the coils shown in the previews were anything other than what the description said they were - mono coils.  But I see what you were driving at with the guitar pickup analogy.  Bottom line is a true mono coil is a mono coil, but a DD can be "rewired" through electronic switches to behave like a mono, hard to do it the other way when you only have a single/mono coil winding.

The big secret that has yet to be revealed is just what GeoSense-PI is and how does it relate to the coil/ground graphic on the display.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kiwijw said:

I dont believe we are with Minelab. They are always innovative. That is why they ARE a step ahead of the pack. No doubt about that.

JW 🤠 

One common practice is.. lunch technology slowly to make it produce the most out of it.. 

They have already what is going to be the next detector when they lunch one.. 

As soon gold and detectors become more dead i bet you they would lunch something that goes deeper then all detectors available today.. and sell it for more cash then the GPZ.  

Minelab would also say the CTX is better than the Equinox - well it would have to because of the higher price of the CTX but my choice between these two detectors would be the Equinox (and not just because of the lower price). Same logic with the GPZ7000 and GPX6000 - they have positioned the GPZ7000 as their flagship gold detector so there is no way they can say that the lower priced GPX6000 is the better gold detector - even if the GPX6000 turns out to be a "better" machine in certain conditions. 

Each individual will make their own decisions on what machines to own and use based on their very unique individual circumstances. In my case i did not purchase a SDC or GPZ purely because of their weight & my shoulder issue. I will purchase a GPX6000 because it is offering new technology in an easy to use lightweight package. My GPX4500 will be relegated to backup when i travel to various Australian goldfields - but i suspect it will now not get much use (much like the E trac once i had the Equinox) and will eventually be sold if a lightweight GPZ mark2 hits the market sometime in the future.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, kiwijw said:

I don't think it is regarded by Minelab as being better than the GPZ. So that being the case I cant see why a GPZ owner/operator would be remotely interested in the GPX 6000.

JW 🤠 

I'm with you JW.

What I've seen so far of this machine doesn't even remotely interest or excite me ! The fact that it is also shorter in the extended length than a ZED is a big downer. I have been calling on Minelab for years to make the shafts longer, but alas, they are still too short !

Also, there appears to be no provision to run speakers like we can with the ZED and current GPX's, as it doesn't have a wireless module !

Rick