Minelab GPX 6000 Revealed!

one thing to put on the list when these machines are accessible is to measure the carbon lower shafts and see if the old GPX ones are interchangeable.

They appear to have a twist lock halfway down so that opens up the prospect for people like me with an altitude problem (tall) to use the aftermarket extra length lower shafts from the GPX5000 on these new machines.

Hmm, I wonder if the early video posters got reigned in a bit? I translated and read through the Youtube comments 5 or so days ago and one dealer was saying they were going to release a video of the 6000 in operation on targets/testing in a couple days and I've been really waiting for that one, but it appears the videos have stopped for now?

If release is mid-Feb then these units should be on the way to the US now in preparation for sale, so I guess we'll be able to see soon enough... The manual will get released on the FCC site on Feb 9th too.

I don't think any dealers would let me take it into the field to demo and report on, but I did speak to one who said he'd have a demo unit ready to swing around in the store and get a feel for. I'm curious lacking the bungee just how it feels in hand. I know the GPZ with smaller coil doesn't need a bungee but after 3 or 4 hours I end up using one anyways, so I'm curious how the 6000 feels on the arm.

Got a link from Minelab in my email inbox a little while ago:

• Like 1

I to got the same video. It reminded me of a girl I knew in high school. 

She Was A Tease!

Like the girl and the video I wanted to see more.

Chuck 

• Haha 4

So it looks like it will be awhile before we actually see the GPX 6000 because it is apparently orbiting the sun somewhere in the asteroid belt right now.  ML really has trouble "reading the room" as it pertains to their customer base.  I guess they think detectorists are all fans of Game of Thrones (Vanquish) or Star Wars (GPX 6000).  Not exactly representative of the GPX demographic I typically detect with...  I mean do they really think we look at these videos and say "ooh, ahh" instead of doing eye rolls. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I get the feeling that video was supposed to be the big epic pre-release first peek "teaser" from Minleab and they hadn't exactly planned on the Dubai dealers releasing their own previews a week ago showing 100x more.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jasong said:

I get the feeling that video was supposed to be the big epic pre-release first peek "teaser" from Minleab and they hadn't exactly planned on the Dubai dealers releasing their own previews a week ago showing 100x more.

I agree.  But I think all this marketing flash promotion bull is totally lost on guys who shake the dust off their clothes at the end of a long day in the sun, and they just want the facts without all the glitter.  Transfer some of that production value money from Marketing to Engineering R&D or at least listen to some of our rants, especially when it comes to having a wider selection of available accessory coils.

• Like 5

21 hours ago, Gold Hound said:

I for one can't wait until I can get my hands on a 6000.

Light and compact and it will definitly be an upgrade in detection ability over the 5000 as minelab has never let me down in this department...

I sold my wife Amber's 5000 in December before the 5000 price dropped she can't wait until its released and the wetseason is over!

Yeah Minelab has delivered on every product that has been released in I dont know how long.  I want one for sure.

• Like 1

The sales / marketing / advertising is aimed at new chums to the game.

People on this forum will make their own mind up based on their own requirements as well as reports on how the 6000 performs in the real world.

• Like 2

If it can beat my modded 4500, then I'm interested.....only finger-biting concern is the price! If I hold my breath and pray to the gold gods, it will be around $6K AU. Expect I'll be disappointed....😒