Minelab GPX 6000 Revealed!

8 minutes ago, Skookum said:

A tenth of a grain or tenth of a gram?

"g" is abbreviation for grams, "gr" is abbreviation for grains. So the Minelab comparison chart refers to grams.

27 minutes ago, Skookum said:

A tenth of a grain or tenth of a gram?

A tenth of a gram, I stand corrected.
I have gotten specks that don't register on my scale that goes into tenth's of a gram
but that's not what you were asking...

good hunting...

https://search.ipaustralia.gov.au/designs/search/result?s=b3cb780a-1ad5-4955-81d2-bf2ef2e9b166

Link to Australian design patents for the GPX6000 with the tech drawings just released. Looks like there are two design patents for the 6000 - 202014625 and 202013037 - i wonder why two were applied for.

R3585040.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, VicR said:

"g" is abbreviation for grams, "gr" is abbreviation for grains. So the Minelab comparison chart refers to grams.

Yeah, I just mis-read grams…I've never heard of anyone asking about grains with a PI….

• Haha 1

The designer of those patents  

• Cosmo Luppino
  • Dominic Paul Gralton
  • Simon Hill
Max registration period end
25 Aug 2030
Currently registered until
25 Aug 2025
Registered
21 Jan 2021
Filed
25 Aug 2020

Hi guys! Hope y'all doing great!

I came across this website: https://www.geosense.nl

And it got me thinking...  When i see the word Geosense, Geology is what comes to my mind! Geology involves minerals right? What if this new method has the ability to see/scan iron? And then it would disc or reproduce any characteristic sound or any type of visual information, this without necessarily having the need to use a DD coil.🤔 

I mean, we are talking about Minelab... the ones who keep revolutionizing the metal detect world with their unique methods.

Another link from the same company: 

http://www.geosense.nl/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/Geosense_Geological_mapping.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjwpNn-x6_uAhVbVBUIHZO8CX0QFjADegQIBxAC&usg=AOvVaw2X712XE9HJ89iuL69n398e

Geosense technology in metal detect would be like a down to earth satelite transforming earth's surface as the sky.😄

I'm crazy I know...

Best regards 

On 1/21/2021 at 12:28 AM, Dances With Doves said:

Do you think this machine will be able to hit a  tenth of a grain gold nugget? That would be impressive for a gold PI machine.          

Well the chart is given .05G five stars.  .05g = .77 grains so it might hit a tenth of a grain.   That's when carry a small sample bag comes in handy.  Once the target is in your hand or scoop pour into the bag and pan it later.

29 minutes ago, Swegin said:

Once the target is in your hand or scoop pour into the bag and pan it later.

Honestly, if I can't find it in the scoop, I'm going to throw it back to grow.
(but I always find it in the scoop :cool:)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Apparently, SDC and GPZ got 1 star rating for the 0.05g size and the 6000 got 5 stars. I find this odd (as mentioned earlier). I second what Dave said. I have picked up shallow small flakes with the GPZ that the GM was not able to detect. That is the amazing fact about the GPZ, that it remains super sensitive for small nuggets as well (HY/normal/smoothing off that is). Now, recovering those tiny bits with the 14 in coil is a different story. 

• Like 2