Minelab GPX 6000 Revealed!

On 1/12/2021 at 6:38 PM, Steve Herschbach said:

If the number of controls had anything to do with how well a detector works, the Whites V3i would be the worlds most powerful metal detector.

There are people who swear by the V3i and its controls (favorably), but choosing between it and the Etrac (at that time), I went with the Etrac for its apparent better record of finding things for most people.  

• Like 2

I was in the only manual transmission camp too and now love my automatic. Been stuck a few times and wished for manual but still made it work, but 99% of my driving auto is the preferable option.

On the other side of things, each new "simpler" version of Windows or newer versions of Android OS seem to get harder and more frustrating for me to use than the previous because of their constant push for simplicity and hiding features they think others won't need, or outright eliminating things I still need to use.

If the 6000 is more automatic transmission and less Windows 10 over simplification, then that's a win in my book.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Apparently, the info release date for the 6000 was (at some time or other) posted by Codan as being the 9th of February? Anyone seen the actual date on their website? If so, its in a spot that isn't obvious. Not sure if this is the specs/manual/promo date or the date at which we can pay a deposit or maybe buy one outright (stock dependent of course)??? 

7 hours ago, Aureous said:

Apparently, the info release date for the 6000 was (at some time or other) posted by Codan as being the 9th of February? Anyone seen the actual date on their website? If so, its in a spot that isn't obvious. Not sure if this is the specs/manual/promo date or the date at which we can pay a deposit or maybe buy one outright (stock dependent of course)??? 

I think the Feb date came from the FCC mirror website as far as when the manual would be available, and that now says Feb 9th

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I think the Feb date came from the FCC mirror website as far as when the manual would be available, and that now says Feb 9th

Lets hope its more than just the info release date then.... 🔜

I was avoiding mentioning that document release date, in hopes Minelab would forget, and not go file another extension to keep the manual private for another month. 😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 2