Minelab GPX 6000 Revealed!

Amazing how the middle east now seems to have become the early ML beacon for the world. I am sure dealers here have the same info (and potentially demo versions) but are much more careful. Kind of a double standard. We discussed this before here, but I can't help mentioning it again because it's just so striking.  It would be good to hear from ML at some point in time if all this was intended, or just leaked. And if leaked, what the consequences would be. Would be nice to be fair to the original customer base as well (Au and US). Still a significant market after all with loyal customers.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Those are Garrett promotional photos - Gerry did some AT Gold advertising with Garrett and these guys are using that stuff.

Minelab have been the major brand and believe they dont need to spend probably extra cash advertising since their products has spoken for itself and will continue to do so...

On 1/15/2021 at 1:09 PM, Gold Catcher said:

The word is around 6k US. I will be on the preorder list next week then I will be able to tell for sure.

Minelab and their dealers need an umbrella when they dream about such customers.

They don’t even have to work to get a sale, all profit and no work for them.

You don’t know the weight and balance of the machine, or what the Geo Sense technology is

Is it comfortable for YOU to swing?

Can it except legacy GPX coils? are the supplied coils chipped? when are DD coils coming out for the thing?

Warranty, price?

15 minutes ago, egixe4 said:

Minelab and their dealers need an umbrella when they dream about such customers.

You don’t know the weight and balance of the machine, or what the Geo Sense technology is

Is it comfortable for YOU to swing?

Can it except legacy GPX coils? are the supplied coils chipped? when are DD coils coming out for the thing?

Warranty, price?

Typically, getting on a list does not necessarily require a $ commitment so its a no lose proposition in the event the release results in a slow rollout and wait times - good to be near the front of the line, there is still plenty of time for all of that information to come out before a customer actually has to put down actual cash.  At least, that is the way I play it. I ONLY deal with dealers who do not charge a deposit to be on a waiting list.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, egixe4 said:

I know enough of this machine to get me interested. I already own the GM, SDC and GPZ, use all of them heavily and I can't say enough good things about all of them. The 6000 specs, from what is known,  would make a nice fit into my fleet and I am confident that this is a superb machine and suited for my additional needs. But of course, you can opt for a more cautions approach. Everybody plays this game differently, but I want it asap so I can test it. And in case I really would not like it, I would just trade it in for something else. 

• Like 5

Im on a distributors list as well. This is the gold machine i have been waiting so long for.

• Like 3

Thanks, JW. I never owned a GPX but I have used one of my friend on occasion, so I am aware of its excellent versatility. But I admit I only scratched the surface of what the machine can do with all the settings combinations available. And you are right, the unlimited coil options helped making this machine a legend and an icon amongst detectors in history, and this is certainly greatly missed with the newer generation of ML machines. Let's hope this will change eventually and not just via after market solutions which certainly are a good option for many.

Cheers and happy hunting!

GC

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, kiwijw said:

Yes the GP's & GPX's as we knew them & their huge versatility with the wide range of coils & multiple setting choices are a platform I doubt we will ever see again.

JW 🤠 

- until our Russkie mates deliver the goods once more - 😉

Following this one with considerable interest!

• Like 1

It looks like Minelab has gone all out in reviewing the design of the 6000 to keep weight down. Full carbon fibre shaft, integrating stand into the battery, plastic housing right down to only having the one nut holding the coil on. they must have look at each component and asked do we really need it and if the answer is yes how do we make it lighter.  I just wonder whether having one nut / bolt on the coil will be strong enough with the thread on the nutless (is that a word?) side taking all the pressure to make it secure. Has this been done before? Anyway this and some peoples preference for a longer shaft can be taken care of by the aftermarket people.

still 3 big questions to be answered - price, coil construction / compatibility and what is Geo Sense PI.

• Like 2