Minelab GPX 6000 Revealed!

I think they did, the pic is just cut off. Not sure though why the SDC only got 1 star for the 0.05g. Three stars less than the GM is just not true and may also depend on so many factors. I found so much small stuff with the SDC that barely registered on the scale.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Gold Catcher said:

Three stars less than the GM is just not true

Yes, and to say that the 6000 is 3 stars better than an SDC on a 0.05 gram nugget is a pretty big claim. 

And at least a star better than a GPX 5000 on everything. 

It is starting to sound REALLY interesting. The ergonomic improvements were a little bit exciting.  If there are significant performance improvements across all ranges of nugget size as well then that will push many to flick the switch on a purchase. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, geek4gold said:

only a 4 star rating on the biggest

but still better than the comparison detectors...

• Like 2

I'm out of likes for the day, Flak, so here ya go:

👍

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I know the GPX 5000 is a hit with relic hunters, but I know on the GPZ I've advised people it is really too hot on tiny ferrous, and that the 5000 is the better choice for relic hunters. I wonder if the extreme sensitivity here will also be an issue for relic hunters?

Now beach hunting there are some real possibilities here with the DD coil. But I bet it loves hair pins!!!

Obviously designed for nugget detecting, but I like speculating on the other stuff also.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, matt said:

Now if only the price point were similar compared to the Equinox and started at $3,000 US...It would sell like the Equinox.

I agree!  No more $8000 dollar detectors, put in the masses instead of the few.

8 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I know the GPX 5000 is a hit with relic hunters, but I know on the GPZ I've advised people it is really too hot on tiny ferrous, and that the 5000 is the better choice for relic hunters. I wonder if the extreme sensitivity here will also be an issue for relic hunters?

Now beach hunting there are some real possibilities here with the DD coil. But I bet it loves hair pins!!!

Obviously designed for nugget detecting, but I like speculating on the other stuff also.

For me, the extreme sensitivity would be a plus! When I do metal detecting survey for projects, a lot of what we are looking for is small brass items and even brass shavings (cut offs) from large brass sheets.  Also, we find very tiny brass beads that only sometimes register on the 5000. If I could get better depth on those items than the 5000, that would be great.  The GPZ would have been good for me if they had not removed the ability to have some sort of iron rejection on it. The 6000 seems to have that ability. 🤔 Yes, for some relic hunting in heavy iron areas it may be a problem, and not a good choice. On beaches I rarely use any iron rejection anyways. So for the 2 main types of hunting I do, it sounds like it will be a good machine. I'm excited as usual about a new machine hitting the market. My how things have changed from the TR / BFO days 🙂

I’m not so sure I’d order something without knowing the price.

Wait long enough and the 5000 will be selling at 4500 price and buy 6000 then get the 4500 free.

Chuck 

• Like 1