Minelab GPX 6000 Revealed!

1 hour ago, Gold Catcher said:

Now, recovering those tiny bits with the 14 in coil is a different story. 

That's why I dump my scoop in my sample bag I can pan later and spend more time detecting.  I have close to 5 oz's of the fly poop that I found detecting over the years starting with the Whites V-sat.   It all adds up takes a while but gold is gold.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Swegin said:

I have close to 5 oz's of the fly poop that I found detecting over the years starting with the Whites V-sat.

I admire your ability. I honestly can only remember twice not being able to find a speck in my scoop. Every other time then there was something small in the scoop, I found it. These were with a 7000. Having 5 ounces of specks is truly admirable.

46 minutes ago, Swegin said:

That's why I dump my scoop in my sample bag I can pan later and spend more time detecting.  I have close to 5 oz's of the fly poop that I found detecting over the years starting with the Whites V-sat.   It all adds up takes a while but gold is gold.

That's one way of doing it. I prefer to get to it right away, regardless of size (show me the money!). Finding gold makes my day and I don't really care about the size, although bigger is of course better.😁 But size is not a factor at all for the great feeling when seeing gold in the scoop. It also is a good training and refines my technique for recovery. I claim to be really good at it, unfortunately trained to a significant part by the recovery of tiny BB's and other microscopical metal trash.🤔

• Like 1

These Middle East and African dealers are showing the 6000 in shop aplenty, but none have shown it actually working in the field. That has to mean Minelab is allowing them to show a little, but not everything otherwise one surely would have shown it in action by now?

So why exactly can those dealers show a little but the US dealers appear to have their hands completely tied about revealing anything still? I get that market is bigger, but so what? It's the same product and we live on the same planet.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Jonathan Porter said:

The key is none of us know what gold is actually still in the ground until ML bring something out that reveals the opportunity. The ground has secrets and ML have an uncanny ability at unlocking those secrets by developing new opportunities even when users are skeptical.

For this exact reason I am already standing in the 6000 waiting line 😁 I am eager to find out myself and learn from others where the new niche will be that is beyond reach of previous machines, including GPZ. But even without such advantage, just the fact that it is so light weight with modern technology is reason enough for greatness. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Jonathan Porter said:

The key is none of us know what gold is actually still in the ground until ML bring something out that reveals the opportunity. The ground has secrets and ML have an uncanny ability at unlocking those secrets by developing new opportunities even when users are skeptical.

Have to agree with that. 👍

3 hours ago, Gold Catcher said:

That is the amazing fact about the GPZ, that it remains super sensitive for small nuggets as well (HY/normal/smoothing off that is). Now, recovering those tiny bits with the 14 in coil is a different story. 

Many times I have got a very faint but positive stop me in my tracks signal with the GPZ. As soon as I have disturbed & moved the gold in the ground. Always very shallow so obviously a small piece. Maybe broken the gold 'halo' surrounding the small piece of gold the signal has gone. No matter how carefully I try to pick the signal up again I haven't been able to. But I knew what I heard & knew something was there.

Bring on the Gold monster & I find it. Tiny bit of gold.

G4G

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, geek4gold said:

Many times I have got a very faint but positive stop me in my tracks signal with the GPZ. As soon as I have disturbed & moved the gold in the ground. Always very shallow so obviously a small piece. Maybe broken the gold 'halo' surrounding the small piece of gold the signal has gone. No matter how carefully I try to pick the signal up again I haven't been able to. But I knew what I heard & knew something was there.

Bring on the Gold monster & I find it. Tiny bit of gold.

G4G

You could have tracked it out. One way to mitigate that is to switch to manual ground balancing before beginning the recovery

• Like 1

Thanks Gold Catcher but I 'live' in manual ground balance & smoothing's off & have a good understanding of how to run my Zed at the top end of sensitivity that seems to work for me. We are all different as are our ground conditions & what we can or cant get away with.

Happy hunting.

G4G

• Thanks 1