Minelab GPX 6000 Revealed!

Changing to manual GB is the best way but also time consuming when you then switch back to semi-auto GB (or auto if you prefer), but sometimes just avoiding to swing the coil too often over the faint target and pumping the coil a few times away from the target (but don't press the quick track button while pumping)  can often help too. Once the target response is stronger, this problem should not arise anymore. These are just my experiences on it

1 minute ago, geek4gold said:

Thanks Gold Catcher but I 'live' in manual ground balance & smoothing's off & have a good understanding of how to run my Zed at the top end of sensitivity that seems to work for me. We are all different as are our ground conditions & what we can or cant get away with.

Happy hunting.

G4G

Thanks. Perhaps a good topic for a separate thread, I think there were already several on this issue. Coming back to this topic, I am curious to know how the 6000 will behave in this regard 😁

• Like 1

What happens is tiny nuggets will signal when in matrix. Breaking the soil changes the soil reaction - many of you may have noticed in bad ground if it is undisturbed it is ok, but stir it up and it gets a lot hotter. So that could mask the nugget. Plus simply changing the orientation of the nugget can make it disappear. I got very good at pinpointing with the GPZ14 coil, but there were these whispers on rare occasions that would disappear like that. I learned that if the GPZ signals, something was there, so I did find if I was methodical with the scoop I'd eventually find a flake. But I also admit a few times I was tired and not as patient and just let them go. No big loss.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

What happens is tiny nuggets will signal when in matrix. Breaking the soil changes the soil reaction - many of you may noticed in bad ground if it is undisturbed it is ok, but stir it up and it gets a lot hotter. So that could mask the nugget. Plus simply changing the orientation of the nugget can make it disappear. I got very good at pinpointing with the GPZ14 coil, but there were these whispers on rare occasions that would disappear like that. I learned that if the GPZ signals, something was there, so I did find if I was methodical with the scoop I'd eventually find a flake. But I also admit a few times I was tired and not as patient and just let them go. No big loss.

I turned my GM into a short pinpointer exactly for that reason.  Just starting out with my Zed though, so anything helps!  🙂

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, GotAU? said:

I turned my GM into a short pinpointer exactly for that reason.  Just starting out with my Zed though, so anything helps

That's cheating (just kidding 😉). I like the idea and others have done that too. I find it cumbersome though to drag the GM around with all the other stuff I already have. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/17/2021 at 7:35 PM, jasong said:

Completely unrelated, but I looked at the website of one of those dealers posting the early GPX 6000 videos, and unless I'm mistaken, isn't that Gerry on their photo page, 5 down from the top, on the right? They just snag random pictures off the internet or Gerry do you have some Dubai connections? 🙂

Well there is a pic of me on their site and I didn't even get a free cooli for me beer.  My only connection to Dubai is that years ago before Minelab had their own distributors, I made some good sales to them.  Most are very smart and savvy businessmen.  Now Minelab has that under control so I don't get to drink wine with my rib eye.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Jonathan Porter said:

The key is none of us know what gold is actually still in the ground until ML bring something out that reveals the opportunity. The ground has secrets and ML have an uncanny ability at unlocking those secrets by developing new opportunities even when users are skeptical.

Well put.

On 1/21/2021 at 6:56 AM, Swegin said:

I don't see anything when I click on the link, what did it say?

I clicked on it earlier but it was just general info and "coming soon". No order list.

On 1/23/2021 at 9:52 AM, Steve Herschbach said:

I learned that if the GPZ signals, something was there, so I did find if I was methodical with the scoop I'd eventually find a flake. But I also admit a few times I was tired and not as patient and just let them go. No big loss.

Too true that. 👍

G4G