• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! Well, I just this couple minutes ago on Facebook! Looks awesome!

It’s such a weird disjointed feeling seeing something you’ve spent years and hundreds and hundreds of hours acutely involved in suddenly ‘out there’ in the real world. 🥴 I wish them well and I hope wh

I don’t need lots of controls. I need one. Power button. I’m fine with a detector that simply finds gold nuggets at depth and nothing else and does so automatically with no fuss. Controls just to have

Posted Images

1 hour ago, afreakofnature said:

Not surprising.  If you can only have an 11 inch and a 17 inch coil then that makes the SDC with the 8 inch still relevant for sale. And it gives the GPZ, which I know is different technology, a 13 inch and a 19 inch. Pretty sure ML is saying that if you want different coil sizes you have to buy different detectors 🤦‍♂️

Exactly! They want us switching detectors and not just coils.

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, WesD said:

Unless there is a chip in that coil somewhere, it only means that we have to buy other coils from Coiltek or Detech, etc.... Maybe they will release other coils or they just don't care about additional coils. Maybe not worth investing the R&D on them.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, schoolofhardNox said:

Unless there is a chip in that coil somewhere, it only means that we have to buy other coils from Coiltek or Detech, etc.... Maybe they will release other coils or they just don't care about additional coils. Maybe not worth investing the R&D on them.

We'll be convinced that you can't make an 'old coil' do new tricks!

• Like 1

Just send me one and I will do a test on a dozen of my dead patches. If I pull gold out of them I will be happy to pay for it. I'll be happy to take some video and post them on the Tube...  :)

• Like 3
2 hours ago, afreakofnature said:

Not surprising.  If you can only have an 11 inch and a 17 inch coil then that makes the SDC with the 8 inch still relevant for sale. And it gives the GPZ, which I know is different technology, a 13 inch and a 19 inch. Pretty sure ML is saying that if you want different coil sizes you have to buy different detectors 🤦‍♂️

1 hour ago, WesD said:

1 hour ago, schoolofhardNox said:

Per Steve’s GPX 6000 info page, the controls and settings support a menu option for:

• Double-D Modes - EMI Cancel (Default) / Conductive Ground Cancel

So I suspect ML will offer DD coils as well, perhaps having different form factors from the Mono coils offered in this particular bundle.

• Like 1

Has anyone ever seen a coil that has two sets of TX  windings in it? 

I'd think there would be a bit of cross over induction , possibly cutting into max radiated power a little  but if only one was active ...............................They have TX and RX in there now , right ?