Couple Ih's And A Seated Dime

I know it's a longshot, but did you check that Seated dime for a -CC mintmark?

That lake sure is rough on (predominately) copper alloy coins.  90% silver seems less bothered but still not as nice looking as when we Easterners pull silver coins out of the turf.

Your finds certainly are good advertisement for the Gold Racer!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I couldn't see any cc on it. Still a good find though. The bog iron can be rough with targets dropping numbers on ya. Dime came in close to a penny and pennie close to zincs. Gold Racer makes for a really fun machine in tough grounds though aluminum can ring in all over the place so it keeps you on your toes.

I used disc 1 and will up the id filter to trim out ground iron as high as 28 but often use around 10.

imask at 1

Tone break I up to just above foil at around 53 this puts possible gold coins and higher on the vco tone and rest below is iron audio that had been trimmed out.

If Id filter is up too high around bottle caps you may not get a grunt out of them so keep that in mind around where there are a lot of caps.

Guess if I had an Orx I would hunt with that in a similar manor.

Love the Seated dime, it looks pretty crisp. I think the water up there might be mostly muriatic acid. Ha Ha  Those poor coppers took it tough. Good job!!!

• Haha 1

Nice finds even if the Indian Heads got a bit roughed up, I know that the water on the copper really eats them up.

Good luck on your next hunt.

• Thanks 1