So Dilek, Whatever Happened With The Multi Naming Contest?

After seeing a new post from others and NM about some new accessories, I started to ponder the old naming contest about a new multi freq. detector. We all have posted our thoughts and hopes on this new multi and a PI. First question, Did anyone win the contest? The date of start for said contest was September 21, 2018. That's 1014 days since its start. I'm not the smartest, But you would think you had the product developed and ready for the winning name, To give you some time for marketing. Lets say a year for printing, adds and a selling platform. (Frustrated) I know we all have said it just takes TIME, We want to see what the competition puts out first so we can make a better product. Blah, Blah. A lot of people participated in the contest hoping to actually name a new detector. (How cool would that be). It feels like NM left a lot of people hanging with a great marketing idea that just won't happen. I'm hoping this is not the case, I would love to see one of our members name a detector. I love my Kruzer and wouldn't trade it for anything,But after drifting through some of NM's Time lines, I'm wondering how much longer?

September 21, 2018 - Naming Contest                              October 8, 2020 - Missouri service center

February 28, 2019 - Georgia service center                      October 26, 2020 - New thermal thermometer

April 2, 2019 - pulse dive scuba                                          November 26, 2020 - Sand Scoop

July 31, 2019 - Simplex +                                                     January 11, 2021 - back pack and pp holster (no pricing)

July 7, 2020 - mini and midi hoard

I was just wondering out loud here, Has anyone heard any vaguery, innuendo, hints, insinuation, or whisper of any new detector coming from NM? 

To quote Simon (How long is too long) . AFTER 1014 DAYS I think it might be time to give some answers. 

Your thoughts and whispers are welcome to my ears

• Like 4

I guess we can slap a name on the backpack or leg holster in the interim!🤣 I'll now put that into the same category as waiting for more coils for the Nox! 👍👍

• Like 2

I'm out of likes Joe, I guess we have to settle for the little things.

• Like 1

Pointless to make a machine if all the names suck. Why bother spending all that money and try to market something that sounds bad? Just saying....

• Haha 1

• The title was changed to So Dilek, Whatever Happened With The Multi Naming Contest?

Heck I’ll name it myself.

Just give me to die for Pulse detector are a VLF beyond anything we have ever seen before.

Please don’t blow smoke like some have in the past but when you get it it’s just short of a joke.

I do remember the name I’d picked and that’s Lightning.

Chuck 

• Like 2

Hey, RR, did you mean Lighting or Lightning?

You're certainly free to pick either one, but I would think Lightning might be better.

I like it! Maybe a two model duo!? Lightning, and Thunder!🤔 👍👍

• Like 3