So Dilek, Whatever Happened With The Multi Naming Contest?

I'm Liking a couple of names:

WTL Multi (way to long), PPS PI (prolonged pain and suffering)

My serious choice would be the (Legion), not sure if someone picked that? Sure would be nice to get some real answers on the product, even if they are another year down the road. A tease would be nice for all of us. At least we could have a grasp of hope. Garrett at least did that with the Apex.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Maybe not the right place to ask but does anyone know if this Simplex based multi unit will also use the same green headphones, compatibility with the pulsedive?  I’m assuming it will also come with an 11” standard DD coil and Simplex coils will not be compatible. Target price?  $500-600?  $900-1000? 

If there is another discussion on this going someone can point me to that would be great too. 

On 1/13/2021 at 4:13 PM, Ridge Runner said:

Heck I’ll name it myself.

Just give me to die for Pulse detector are a VLF beyond anything we have ever seen before.

Please don’t blow smoke like some have in the past but when you get it it’s just short of a joke.

I do remember the name I’d picked and that’s Lightning.

Chuck 

I don't know.....with that name, will it strike twice in the same place?😃 I don't remember what I may have entered as a name either.......in fact, it's been so long, I don't remember if I even entered the contest!

• Haha 2

I talked with Dilek about six months ago and she told me “ the name has been chosen, but announcing it would give the impression it was near release and it is not” end of quote.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

No, nobody knows anything really, except one mention once that the Multi may be using the Simplex hardware as a template. Unless Dilek shows up and says more, I'd ignore anything else as rumor.

Thanks Steve. I had the opportunity to pick up a used Simplex and headphones an have been thinking of trying the Pulsedive. It would be nice if the upgrade meant the peripheral gear was compatible and then the Simplex could be a back up or sold off to recoup some of the gear investment.  I like how they have integrated those things and t hat would also be compelling to make the investment in another multi SMF. 

If not, that’s okay. I have my Equinox. 

5 hours ago, Carolina said:

I talked with Dilek about six months ago and she told me “ the name has been chosen, but announcing it would give the impression it was near release and it is not” end of quote.

Not near release? The contest started in 2018. Maybe they decided to get a name first and design the machine around it. My guess is they are another 2 years out, And the competition will have chewed a big chunk out of the market (minelab) and most will wait to spend more money on another multi.

I think ... that several new multifrequency detectors will be released this year ...

• Like 6
  • Oh my! 1

You know that as soon as any detector manufacturer comes out with a machine the first thing everyone does is pick them apart then get all hyped up for the next one. All that fuss and many of us fart around the same old spots hehe

• Like 2