So Dilek, Whatever Happened With The Multi Naming Contest?

Hello all.... 

YES the name has been picked but will not be shared prior to the launch of the product. As Carolina mentioned, announcing the name would give the impression that the product is ready to be released. 

And Steve is right, the SMF will come in the Simplex housing with small changes in the design. 

It will NOT be compatible with any of the current coils and/or HPs as it is a different machine both hardware/software wise.

Hope this helps...

PS: I know the next question - when? This year ... but cannot confirm a date.

Take care all!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

On 1/21/2021 at 1:45 AM, Nokta Detectors said:

And Steve is right, the SMF will come in the Simplex housing with small changes in the design. 

It will NOT be compatible with any of the current coils and/or HPs as it is a different machine both hardware/software wise.

Hope this helps...

Thank you for confirming.  

From an upgrade and loyalty perspective I think it would have been nice if it was at least compatible with the Simplex green headphones and the waterproof wired option. I understand on the coils there might be technical reasons for those to be different.

Can you say if it will be compatible with the Pulsedive pinpointer as far as audio through headphones and interference?

I know some of you prefer the proprietary systems as having less lag, but personally I would like all detectors to be aptX Low Latency compatible so one set of headphones works on all detectors. Not to mention every other device I may own. That’s the whole point of having standards. For me aptX LL has reached “good enough” status, and I am certain it will only get better. If there must be a proprietary solution, it should be included along with aptX LL as an option, but not replace it.

Proprietary solutions are short term fixes that are doomed to die out, which is why I do not like investing in them. Minelab has a different proprietary solution for every new machine that is not compatible with their prior version, and it gets annoying if you have lots of detectors to have six different wireless systems, none compatible with the other.

But main thing.... a new multi frequency detector coming in I assume late 2021, great news!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I know some of you prefer the proprietary systems as having less lag, but personally I would like all detectors to be aptX Low Latency compatible so one set of headphones works on all detectors. Not to mention every other device I may own. That’s the whole point of having standards. For me aptX LL has reached “good enough” status, and I am certain it will only get better. If there must be a proprietary solution, it should be included along with aptX LL as an option, but not replace it.

Proprietary solutions are short term fixes that are doomed to die out, which is why I do not like investing in them. Minelab has a different proprietary solution for every new machine that is not compatible with their prior version, and it gets annoying if you have lots of detectors to have six different wireless systems, none compatible with the other.

But main thing.... a new multi frequency detector coming in I assume late 2021, great news!

Steve, I would agree on the headphones if it goes to something else, then let it be an industry standard and not yet another proprietary solution.  I chose to go with the August headphones on my Equinox 600 and also bought their transmitter for my other detectors without built in feature. It would be great if I could use these with the Simplex as well without the transmitter. Or maybe if I can on its replacement I might be more convinced to try one. 

I guess if they are going to keep going down the proprietary route and releasing a nearly identical detector that is an upgrade to tons of folks that have already bought into the Simplex, why not make the value proposition be better to upgrade by allowing the peripherals from the Simplex carry over?  Or is the better business case for NoktaMakro to get users to buy yet more accessories?  One approach seems better from a loyalty perspective. I think Garrett has done it right from that point of view. And they still sell accessories. 

• Like 3

Definitely hear what you are saying and was just adding my thoughts. I am in the same boat with you exactly with a Simplex and a pulsedive. This is already the second proprietary system from Makro, the blue phones and the green phones. Keep in mind when the go multi, the current system may interfere, so we get the red headphones. That’s kind of the problem with proprietary systems, they rarely last long. The other nice thing about standards - choice. It would take all day to shop aptX LL options for headphones, everything you can imagine. Proprietary, what you get is it. And what if the fit is bad? Oh well.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I already have enough headphones, I cant tell you how many times i grabbed the wrong ones, only to find out when I got to my permission. I do have to agree that most factory units really do not fit your noggin, But Steve I do like the color red Ha Ha. The good news is, we can now color code to our machines.

• Like 2