A Little 1 (gold) But Very Long

Nice hunt at the beach and good to see you keep at it to make a good find.

Good luck on your next outing.

• Thanks 1

Good ear!  Which detector and coil?  By "3 cheap rings" do you mean no precious metal other than possibly plating/gilding?

Wow, what an awesome find Mitchel- congrats! I know that was a great feeling seeing that gold chain dangling from the scoop! Way to go after those "1"s. The smallest gold chain I have found with the NOX was about the same size so I think (hope) that it's real.

• Thanks 1

That chain sure looks good to me and with a 1 sounding off I’ll bet it’s gold. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

Good ear!  Which detector and coil?  By "3 cheap rings" do you mean no precious metal other than possibly plating/gilding?

GB, I was using my 800/15 in my go to settings of 23/6/tracking off.  The rings show no evidence of precocious metal.  One is corroded.  One is very thin and the other one is a little toe ring or ?.  They all were 10's before I dug them.

You caused me to go back and take more detailed pictures of the one ring because it is 'marked' as 2K 19 which means nothing to me.  It's size and shape remind me of a pipe compression ring but the material is brassy.

IMG_20210113_102327_035.thumb.jpg.a2cdbd343fa1e4395baf28711204a9b9.jpgIMG_20210113_102118_955.thumb.jpg.5ca84ccbe9366f45d6b37e569b7287c5.jpg

IMG_20210113_102026_564.thumb.jpg.f495f565544cfb5e943a91c3e34cafa8.jpg

• Like 3

I have looked at the other side of the 14k clasp and it says CRG.  I've looked it up and it stands for Central Rand Gold so now I'm pretty sure it is real.

Fantastic find, chains are tough at just about any depth unless they are all balled up and even still tough.

Well done!

• Thanks 1