Nice hunt at the beach and good to see you keep at it to make a good find.

Good luck on your next outing.

• Thanks 1

Good ear!  Which detector and coil?  By "3 cheap rings" do you mean no precious metal other than possibly plating/gilding?

Wow, what an awesome find Mitchel- congrats! I know that was a great feeling seeing that gold chain dangling from the scoop! Way to go after those "1"s. The smallest gold chain I have found with the NOX was about the same size so I think (hope) that it's real.

• Thanks 1

Awesome Mitch, that's the 1 we hope to hit. 😃 ht

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That chain sure looks good to me and with a 1 sounding off I’ll bet it’s gold. 

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

Good ear!  Which detector and coil?  By "3 cheap rings" do you mean no precious metal other than possibly plating/gilding?

GB, I was using my 800/15 in my go to settings of 23/6/tracking off.  The rings show no evidence of precocious metal.  One is corroded.  One is very thin and the other one is a little toe ring or ?.  They all were 10's before I dug them.

You caused me to go back and take more detailed pictures of the one ring because it is 'marked' as 2K 19 which means nothing to me.  It's size and shape remind me of a pipe compression ring but the material is brassy.

IMG_20210113_102327_035.thumb.jpg.a2cdbd343fa1e4395baf28711204a9b9.jpgIMG_20210113_102118_955.thumb.jpg.5ca84ccbe9366f45d6b37e569b7287c5.jpg

IMG_20210113_102026_564.thumb.jpg.f495f565544cfb5e943a91c3e34cafa8.jpg

• Like 3

I have looked at the other side of the 14k clasp and it says CRG.  I've looked it up and it stands for Central Rand Gold so now I'm pretty sure it is real.

Fantastic find, chains are tough at just about any depth unless they are all balled up and even still tough.

Well done!

• Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By GB_Amateur
      Apparently these kinds of interviews have been occurring for a couple months with various detector experts (and dealers) around the world.  Except for a post buried in a thread (credit to Dances with Doves for calling my attention to these), which I didn't figure would reach the full audience, I think this is the first post of these four episodes with Gerry which were uploaded to YouTube on the 18th & 19th of April.  Basically each of the first three episodes covers the one of the new coils separately and sequentially:  5"x10" (~19 minutes), 9"x14" (~22 minutes), 15" round (~44 minutes) and a wrapup segment (~11 minutes).  I'm posting just the first one as each successive one is linked by Trevor at the end of the previous.  E.g. to see part 2 (9"x14" discussion) just move the video's scroll cursor to the end of part 1.  I watched episodes 1,2, and 4 in their entirety and the first 15 minutes of episode 3.  A lot of the general info is second nature to seasoned detectorists.  But there were a couple tidbits and I like being reminded now and then of the basic principles.

• By Skullgolddiver
      Nothing too hard even for a rookie technician like me with not so High knowledge on boards whistles and bells...
      I'm Just posting a couple pictures at the end of the work, but really (again) misappointed regard the gasket system in the TDI beachhunter.
      To give some value to this post, I Just want to Say: please BE CAREFUL doing surgery on this control box, as the plastics are something to severely review to the death White's factory, now Garrett property.
      Not only the gasket tunnel between the upper and the lower part of the box is been made to create gasket's cuts and leaks at the first attempt to re-assemble the box, but even a Nightmare to get the job done without the o-ring moving inside and over the PCB when 6 of the 8 screws are already there again....😭.
      So this time I'm not so sure to have a leakproof TDI and I swear to want a detector.mod hard case for It.
      I Just don't understand why not to create a flat against flat surface with again a flat gasket in between😒😒😒.
      White's ...Come on!
      (I don't want to advertise for free or without Steve to be ok with these words) so Sorry for complaining with a self exposed solution to this bad thing...

• By bklein
      I am not liking my EQ600 with 15” coil and am wondering if it’s just my brain is too attached to my CTX, or if something is wrong with the coil or detector. I am noticing that the coil cable is being sensed if moved when I’m detecting so I did this little video test that uses my car as a ferrous background/target. If I move the cable with it in the background it senses the movement. But if I do it in air, no detection of the cable.  I’ve never seen this discussed or tried before so don’t know what to think about it.

• By longbow62
      I posted this on another forum other than Detector Prospector also. I feel Detector Prospector tends to be a bit more technical oriented than the other forum so I posted it here also.
      I am 100% all in on the Equinox. I like it so much I have 2 800's. My biggest gripe is how susceptible it is to EMI. Some of my best spots have EMI so bad I have to turn the Nox down to like 15 or below. I used to run a Nokta Impact in 14kHz as my main detector before I got the Nox and it had EMI issues also, but I don't remember it being quite as bad. I think the Nox is a much hotter detector than the Impact is. It's sure a lot deeper than the Impact. I don't have the problem everywhere so I know it's not a detector problem. Running a smaller coil helps some, but not a lot.
      So I've had an Etrac and never once did I have any audible EMI issues. Is it Multi-IQ that is susceptible or what?
      Do power companies check for EMI issues like bad connections or transformers that may be the culprit? Most of my issues have been in the older parts of towns where the power infrastructure tends to be much older.
      How many other people with the Equinox notice EMI is worse on it more than other detectors they use?  
    • By cuniagau
      I dug another fake Cartier LOVE ring yesterday.  Second one dug on this beach.  Even though I could not read the hallmark inside the ring (gotta have my cheaters for that) I knew it was just like two others that I dug last year and the year before.  I do have one real one though.  I dug it last year.  All the white gold ones are fake.  The gold colored one is real.  These are getting to be a little to plentiful.  LOL 

• By mn90403
      The other day I was detecting on of the many beaches in Santa Monica Bay.  Just like all other beaches of the world there are some unique features about it that we all learn.  I was thinking about how much sand has been added since a swell event I detected about 6 months ago.  I can see where that cut was and I see where the new beach line is and it is 25-30 feet in many places.  Our wave pattern with the La Nina has sanded things in.  We have earthquakes which raise our plate.  How about your beaches from the old days?
      Before I started metal detecting I was a surfer.  Many natural breaks have been there for years.  I'm sure some are gone.  Has 'climate change' changed your surfing spots?  I know some beaches in Florida have had sand added for replenishment.  I just read articles about North Carolina and salt intrusion killing coastal forests.  They showed before and after photos.
      Do you have any old detecting photos that would show your beaches 20, 30 or 40 years ago?