Nautilus, GPX & Nexus

On 1/23/2021 at 10:11 PM, filternozzle said:

Still not been able to get out in the field because of Covid restrictions.   However,  I have been out into the back garden and am delighted with it. 

The most striking point is the ability, at the flick of a switch, to change from a 21" mono to a 21" concentric coil.  

It will probably be sometime in March before travel restrictions are lifted but as soon as they are, I will be heading to a site or two to see what this coil can turn up for me.  The sites have in the past produced medieval hammered coins, but the last few years have been extremely lean. 

We have been given a provisional date of 26 Apr for travel within Scotland to be permitted.  So I'm hopeful, weather permitting, of getting onto my sites to give this coil a chance of showing me what it's capable of.   Really looking forward to swinging it! Will keep readers updated. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I'm writing with google translate, I'm so sorry
The coil you use works in gpx 5000 with pure gold exra satd gold timings, have you tried it?

Google'dan translite ile yazıyorum, çok üzgünüm

Kullandığınız bobin altınla gpx 5000'de çalışıyor exra satd altın zamanlamaları, denediniz mi?

• 1 month later...
On 4/4/2021 at 2:47 PM, vatan61 said:

I'm writing with google translate, I'm so sorry
The coil you use works in gpx 5000 with pure gold exra satd gold timings, have you tried it?

Google'dan translite ile yazıyorum, çok üzgünüm

Kullandığınız bobin altınla gpx 5000'de çalışıyor exra satd altın zamanlamaları, denediniz mi?

As I am a  coin and artefact hunter I don't generally use fine gold soil timings.  However I do use Sharp and Sensitive Extra, and they work well with this coil.   

This coil is now my coil of choice with the GPX 5000.  Probably the only times I will change is to an Anti Interference in the event of detecting near electric fences or under large power lines or a smaller coil if the site dictates it. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I have now had a chance of using this coil on farmland for several continuous days.   For such a large coil I am really surprised in its ability to pick up tiny targets.   It is a great coin hunter for both hammered and milled.   My only problem at the moment, because the fields are very stoney making target retrieval hard work.   It's hard work to get down 5" or 6", and it's just a whole lot harder when in excess of 10"... It took me 20 minutes to dig  an 18" deep hole.  By the end of the day I was exhausted and although no great finds came up I was very happy with my haul and the coils performance. 

• Like 5

Thanks for doing this thread, It's great to have access to information about things that aren't so mainstream, sometimes they turn out to be a real gem, and this one is sounding very positive.

• Like 3