Mars Gauss Md Any Good?

Don't see any here in the states but looks like MARS has a dual frequency 16/48khz machine. Think it is just a selectable frequency.

Curious if anyone here has tried one and what they sell for etc.

http://en.marsmd.com/catalog/gaussmd/

Hey Kac, spinadiscmetaldetectors.com in the UK is the only place that has them in stock they are roughly $884 US, plus my guess another $50 to $100 for shipping. All of the US dealers don't even list them for sale, Maybe better to call to see if they actually can get it. The current exchange rate is $1.36 to the pound. For that cost it better be more than an average detector. This machine is is interesting to me, I'm going to talk to my friend in the UK and see if he has some insight on the shipping costs.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Similar price to the Nox, bit high for a selectable frequency machine. Blisstools were selling in the same price range but they seem to have faded into oblivion.

• Like 1

Mars has a nice selection of light weight coils too. I don't think it is waterproof. A nice looking detector but to expensive.

• Like 2

Can't say the Tiger is exactly light after getting a superfly but I do like the stability of it and seems more emi resistant.

That's true. I can't wait till someday when I can use the Superfly. To bad my Gold Kruzer can't use it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, PhaseTech said:

Looks like an Anfibio Equinox hybrid. Would love to have a play with one. 

Probably closer to an Anfibio (selectable single frequency)/Simplex (form factor) hybrid as it has no Simultaneous MF capability.  Interesting selectable analog unprocessed and digitally processed target signal processing but the manual oddly makes no mention of audio other than implying a single ferrous/non-ferrous tone break (i.e., 2-tones) which is disappointing.  Frequencies seem odd at 16 khz (low) and 45 khz (high) which both seem to be too high for general purpose detecting.  I like the signal processing and ground handling approach, but not a fan of the crude tone ID and odd choice of operating frequencies.