Joe Obn In Detecting Accident, Prayers.

3 hours ago, Mikeguard01 said:

For those in doubt it was Joe. He's recovering and should be home soon. I let him tell the rest.

Mike

I read about that Wednesday morning. Was concerned about where it was and the lack of posts. Tell him prayers were and are still with him. Looking forward to hearing his observations. When I go out in the waders and gauntlets this time of year, I go alone; tell the wife where and about how long, but that is about it. Some times don't see another soul out there.  To see that happen to someone with so much experience gives pause.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tvr said:

I read about that Wednesday morning. Was concerned about where it was and the lack of posts. Tell him prayers were and are still with him. Looking forward to hearing his observations. When I go out in the waders and gauntlets this time of year, I go alone; tell the wife where and about how long, but that is about it. Some times don't see another soul out there.  To see that happen to someone with so much experience gives pause.

JEEZ I DIDNT KNOW EMAILED HIM AND HAD NO NEWS!

Get well soon Joe!!!

RR

• Like 1

Good to hear you're okay Joe, hope you get back on your feet and swinging soon!  ht

• Like 1

Joe. That story sure scared the heck out of a lot of us. So glad to hear you are going to be OK and my best wishes and prayers to you. Bob 

• Like 1

Shocking news for sure--just glad that he's okay.  Joe is the master of cold water hunting and equipment selection--must have been something very unusual that happened. Anyone who has been in the water hunting game for a long time has had their close calls.  We can only try and learn for next time.  No matter how experienced you are there can always be that "second event" that catches us off guard.  In these cold water days a "fox" type whistle is not a bad idea--you just never know when there will be a hole dug by ice or some other hazzard.  Just glad that Joe is on the mend--I know that he is a tough and resourceful man.  He will not be down for long.  Thanking God for the rescuers.  clive

• Like 4

Get well soon Joe. You'll be back in the water soon. Try getting a wet suit. Even when it hot out just get the whole wet suit wet and the water gets inside of it and it feels very nice in hot weather. I have one that 1.5 mm and I'm getting 4mm. I'm using separate pants and top with no sleeves and I wear a long sleeve shirt to keep my arms out of the sun.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure he was in a wetsuit; or even a drysuit, when this happened! If i remember correctly, he is always, at least in a wetsuit!

.  This is just a guess, but hypothermia may have been secondary to another health issue! I'm just happy he is still with us! And I'm sure he has a good story to share, at some point! Like digging a huge target, ( treasure chest, cannon?🤔) and over exerted himself trying to recover it!

.  Rapid recovery Joe!!🙏👍👍