Greetings

Helen Nomatter Dube

Welcome to the forum! Start at the link below for basic info, and then use the links at the bottom of the article for more research. There is more information here on the GPZ 7000 than most any other website, so you have come to the right place.

https://www.detectorprospector.com/metal-detector-database/minelab-gpz-7000-r8/

• Like 2

Welcome to the forum.  Interested in what attracted you already to the GPZ 7000 as your first ever gold detector.  That is quite an investment for a first detector.  There are a number of very capable gold detectors that can be purchased for much less, risking less of an investment until you have gained enough experience on the whole gold prospecting scene and what it entails and are certain it is something that will interest you for the long haul.

• Like 1

Welcome Helen, Glad your here. Where you from ? That might help with pointing you in the gold detector direction, As Chase said you can maybe get more machine for less without Dropping $8000.00 . If your set on the GPZ 7000 you will find all the answers here. Good Luck

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You might want wait for the imminent release of the new Minelab GPX 6000 which appears capable yet easy to set up especially compared to the GPZ 7000.  Others to consider are the Minelab Gold Monster and Equinox 800 and the Minelab SDC 2300.  Steve has provided reviews of all these detectors right on this website.  They all have pros and cons.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Chase that is some very good advice and some good reading also.

People need to learn the less expensive units that will do just as good as the more costly units first.

That way they will understand what the other units are telling them without breaking the bank.

I would also have someone read about the different minerals in their area so they are able to see the area better on what is actually there. Geology is half of the mining work if one is to do it right.

Good luck on your decision Helen.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Helen Nomatter Dube said:

Iam from Zimbabwe n i live in Harare the past year we picked up gold nuggets in our farm and juss thought of doing mining ever since i have studying  and learning more about detectors. Thank you for the advice please tell me the best detector to start that suits in our terrain and weather 

Welcome to the forum!  It is often best to communicate with and purchase from a trusted local dealer, particularly when new to the hobby/endeavor.  I found this site on the web which appears to be an approved/authorized Minelab dealer:

https://www.minelabzimbabwe.com/

and it says they have multiple outlets throughout Zimbabwe.  In particular they should be able to answer your wise request:  "...please tell me the best detector to start that suits in our terrain...."  Basically, the amount of ferromagnetic mineralization (from certain iron oxides) in your surface ground can strongly affect how well a detector performs.  There aren't any kind of comprehensive maps of this mineralization (AFAIK), even for heavily searched areas like Western USA and Australia.  It can vary over small distance scales.  But your local dealer can hopefully lead you to the best purchase for your area as well as give you some support and instruction on how to operate a detector purchased from them.

Good fortune in your future detecting!

• Like 2