DFX And Dfx300 Like New

DB1000

I have just returned to detecting after 6 years and am disabled. I used my DFX and DFX 300 (which I just bought before the injuries) previously and have now found they are too heavy for me. I now have a Minelab EQ 800 and have stopped using these two Whites. The DFX300 is  mint for sure and the DFX is also in great shape. Trying to find comparative values before posting in classifieds. Saw one on Ebay. Any ideas? Thanks.

DFX1.jpg

DFX2.jpg

DFX3.jpg

DFX4.jpg

DFX5.jpg

Depending on condition anywhere from $250 to as high as $500 for the mint DFX/300 seems like the going price.  They are relatively rare to find now (compared to say older First Texas machines) and with White's demise (despite being sold to Garrett), Whites die hards seem to be snapping them up as backups or for parts etc.  So you should have success getting whatever you ask in that range.  Here are some more recent threads on the subject, including Steve H. and Jeff M. discussing recent used DFX purchases.  HTH

People on Ebay can ask whatever they want for any detector. One DFX has been on Ebay for months. The seller has slowly dropped the price from $599 down to $399 and still no takers yet. That seller has another $100 or so to go before most potential buyers will be interested. The condition of the DFX may or may not matter. What might matter more are what coil or coils come with it. If the coils are really old or boat anchors the price may not be any higher than $250 to $300.

The DFX is an excellent detector in the right EMI, soil and target conditions. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

Depending on condition anywhere from $250 to as high as $500 for the mint DFX/300 seems like the going price.  They are relatively rare to find now (compared to say older First Texas machines) and with White's demise (despite being sold to Garrett), Whites die hards seem to be snapping them up as backups or for parts etc.  So you should have success getting whatever you ask in that range.  Here are some more recent threads on the subject, including Steve H. and Jeff M. discussing recent used DFX purchases.  HTH

Great, thank you.

51 minutes ago, Jeff McClendon said:

People on Ebay can ask whatever they want for any detector. One DFX has been on Ebay for months. The seller has slowly dropped the price from $599 down to $399 and still no takers yet. That seller has another $100 or so to go before most potential buyers will be interested. The condition of the DFX may or may not matter. What might matter more are what coil or coils come with it. If the coils are really old or boat anchors the price may not be any higher than $250 to $300.

The DFX is an excellent detector in the right EMI, soil and target conditions. 

Loved my DFXs. If I could I would use them solely again. Too heavy for me now. Thanks.

• 3 months later...
On 1/15/2021 at 5:44 AM, DB1000 said:

I have just returned to detecting after 6 years and am disabled. I used my DFX and DFX 300 (which I just bought before the injuries) previously and have now found they are too heavy for me. I now have a Minelab EQ 800 and have stopped using these two Whites. The DFX300 is  mint for sure and the DFX is also in great shape. Trying to find comparative values before posting in classifieds. Saw one on Ebay. Any ideas? Thanks.

Do you still have the DFX300 detector?   I am looking to purchase one and just found this post on detector/prospector.

Thanks!   Email me at turbodmax@yahoo.com as I don't go here on a regular basis and might miss your response.

Thanks, Mike