I Was In The Hospital For Low Sodium 4 Days And It Was A Life Changing Experience For Me

My thighs were spasming all the time and then my legs started kicking spontaneously and wasn't sleeping well. Getting up was hard to get moving till I walking around.

I thought I was walking like normal and it was life changing event on legs. The spasming is gone. I feel like I have new legs. I can't remember the last time I felt like this. I feel like a kid again. The low sodium over a longer term did this.

Thanks,

Rick

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Oh my! 2

Hope it was just diet controlled. Glad your feeling better. There are a lot of things that can cause low sodium. Keep an eye on that.

• Like 1

Now I'm going to start exercising, I might get a weight machine and other exercise machines or pay by mon and go to an exercise area and get into better shape.

• Like 3

Rick,

I'm curious how this was a longer term issue for you? What did the doctors tell you?

I've had this happen, very short term, from excessive sweating here in the S. Florida summers! But generally, most people suffer from excessive salt, and high blood pressure! How did this happen, if you don't mind me asking!👍👍

• Like 1

It started with my blood pressure medicine. I see my doctor once a year and they would draw blood. He told me my sodium was low and told him I will take extra salt and he said ok. I seen the doctor 2 weeks later and he said sodium is normal. This was over a 3 year period and must have got low for a year and this happened.

The doctor at the hospital is trying to see if something in body letting it get low. So I don't know if it's me with low sodium or the blood pressure medicine.

• Like 2

I'm glad your doing better!!! About 25 years ago, I suffered a mild heat stroke/low sodium event and it was not fun. Feeling like your brain is going to explode and you have cramps in places you didn't know could cramp. Nice to know A dozen IV bags will fix you up. still very scary. So glad your back in action, but take your time.

Praying for your continued improvement, lots more digging to be done my friend! I'm trying to avoid the hospital myself!

Thank you, 

I'm praying for too to avoid the hospital. Was in there for 4 days and everyday I wanted out lol.

• Like 2

Rick, I'm glad you're on the mend. I just got out of a 10 hospital stint from Covid and lost 26 pounds. Came out very hungry after hardly eating anything for 3 weeks. If only I had low sodium. I'd eat 26 pounds of potato chips and French Fries!!

• Like 1

• The title was changed to When I Had A Low Sodium Level The Doctor Found That I Had A Blocked Artery In My Brain. The Good News!