I Was In The Hospital For Low Sodium 4 Days And It Was A Life Changing Experience For Me

Wow, I'm happy you survived the hospitals and covid. My prayers are with you Tom.

Thanks Rick. I'm getting stronger every day and got off the oxygen. Going to a club hunt tomorrow. I'll be slow but at least I'll be there. Keep on the mend and keep improving. It's great that your legs have already improved that much.

Stay healthy!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you for posting about this. Did your doc also mention anything about the importance of a good quality magnesium supplement? As we all age (I'm 75), we take in less magnesium, and it is very  important to muscles and brain. Most daily supplements contain some magnesium oxide, which is the cheapest and least-absorbed type there is. Magnesium glycinate would be a good choice, and just as an FYI, a magnesium deficiency can also cause RLS or muscle spasms. It is also important to stay properly hydrated. Most people (including me) probably drink as much water each day, as we should.

I'm glad to hear that you have corrected this problem, and are getting stronger each day.

• Like 1

Thank you. I am doing very well. Looking forward to spring. I do take 2 Magnesium capsules a day. Probably is Magnesium Oxide. I'll check the other one. The majority of people are low in magnesium and should take a supplement.

• Like 2

Hey Rick,

Nice to see your back to a "normal" state! There are many lessons to be learned from yours, and JoeObn's ordeals! Thanks for sharing!

I hope you continue with no further issues! Show us some finds, when you get out again!!🙏👍👍

Thanks, it feels good to be back to normal. Sounds funny saying I'm back to normal lol. I'll be posting my finds.

• Like 3

Good to hear you are doing better. I have a bad habit of not hydrating enough when I beach hunt. I rarely drink anything all day and sometimes driving home I would get huge leg spasms. Bad enough to have to pull over and get out of the car. It was due to dehydration and loss of important minerals. I now fill up 3, 16oz bottles of water and mix in an electrolyte mix. Presently I am using Ultima, but have used Nuun brand, but I like the Ultima better. Since then I have not had any issues. The drinks work well and contain sodium, potassium, magnesium, etc... I just put a bottle in my pouch and drink as I go. Good luck on your journey to recovery. I think if you introduce the weight training and some cardio, you may even be able to get off the blood pressure meds eventually.

• 1 month later...

When I had a low sodium level the doctor found that I had a blocked artery in my brain. The good news! Saw my doctor today and he thinks it's been there a long time. Maybe from a surgery I had 40 years ago caused it. He doesn't think the Neurologist will even see me. Yesterday I was thinking brain surgery and today it's good news! 

I thank God for that news!

Rick

• Like 7

• The title was changed to When I Had A Low Sodium Level The Doctor Found That I Had A Blocked Artery In My Brain. The Good News!

That’s great Rick! We so many times think we walk alone because of only one set of footprints in the sand. What we don’t realize so many times he’s carrying us .

God bless and he’ll be near if you let him.

Chuck 

Thank you very much.

God Bless,

Rick