New Finds With The Nugget Finder Z Search Searchcoil

1 hour ago, vanursepaul said:

I know of two ...

both were the same man... well documented  on the forum when it happened....

Did it take $8000 to fix it?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Rob Allison said:

Had a great time testing the new Nugget Finder "Z Search" Searchcoil today on a wash I haven't hunted in some time.  This small coil for the GPZ 7000 is much lighter, more sensitive and easier to pinpoint small targets with.  I was super impressed with the new coil, wish I had a few dozen in stock.

Rob,

That is a lot of nuggets in a day for any coil.  Good for you and good luck with whatever you are swinging.  I've had good luck with Nugget Finder coils in the past and these will be good to add to the alternate coils available for the Zed.

Mitchel

• Like 2

• The title was changed to New Finds With The Nugget Finder Z Search Searchcoil

Hey Guys,

For the people, Yes and I'm not going to say names or exact numbers.  I have been a dealer for almost 25 years, so there are customers that had units burn up, had to purchase completely new detectors were purchased.  As you see, there is already a friend and forum member that stated one person had two units burn up.  Please keep in mind, I can't speak for someone else, just know there were issues/damages from modifications.   These were not faulty coils, but rather a "modification process" that allows you to use a aftermarket Minelab coil on a Minelab metal detector.  I just want to make sure that is "crystal clear." 

Minelab will not warranty, nor fix/repair a burned up GPZ related to a modification or tampering.

The only coils endorsed by Minelab at this point are Coiltek.

I can't speak for how a person does the work, wires it, or whatever the issue(s) might have been.  These coils are probably great, I had a handful of opportunities, even from the designer to test a few.  I didn't find the value at that time, with a smaller coil to see that much performance difference (risk vs. reward).  

I decided I was finding enough gold with the 14x13 that I didn't really need to risk any potential damage, so I waited it out for another Minelab coil or a coil that was 100% endorsed and backed by Minelab.  

After over 4 years with the Minelab GPZ 7000 and stock coil, I found this new NF Z Search coil a pleasure to use.  Its lighter, more sensitive, well built and plugs right in.  It also includes all the hardware and lower GPZ Shaft.  

Furthermore, I just want to plug a coil in and go play.  I don't want to tinker or modify.  

Rob

• Like 9

11 hours ago, mn90403 said:

Did it take $8000 to fix it?

I have no idea what it cost to get them up and running or replaced...but you could pm him... 

I know there was a lot of very frustrating downtime while in OZ trying to get on the gold with  no ZED. 

A premade connector makes a lot of sense, right?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rob Allison said:

The only coils endorsed by Minelab at this point are Coiltek.

I decided I was finding enough gold with the 14x13 that I didn't really need to risk any potential damage, so I waited it out for another Minelab coil or a coil that was 100% endorsed and backed by Minelab.  

Rob, are you saying Coiltek is helping making the NF coils? I'm not sure I understand how Coiltek can be the only coil endorsed by Minelab but the NF coil is also 100% endorsed by Minelab?

Hey Jasong,

I just got off the phone with my rep to clarify.  It was my understanding and I just make the correction and posted above about it, that Coiltek right now is the only manufacture endorsed by Minelab.  I mis-heard that NF was also endorsed on this new coil, but I was wrong as of now.  My rep is going to inquire more from Minelab Australia, but as of now, Coiltek is the only manufacture that is endorsed by Minelab. 

This does not mean any other manufacture such as Nugget Finder, X-Coils, Detacc, NEL or whomever don't make great products.  I guess it's more of being backed by Minelab, more of maybe a safe guard to a customer.  

Rob

• Like 2

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked