New Finds With The Nugget Finder Z Search Searchcoil

21 minutes ago, Mc30 said:

Oh ok fair enough well hopefully someone gets good use out of it

They for sure will, I’m supremely confident that in the vast majority of ground they will provide significant advantages. 😇

Nice speci my son got with the ZSearch a few days ago

63A0B7D6-D0C1-4A63-92C4-B11AB58CBD21.thumb.jpeg.836b209d186b1f56cc9284c7a60511ee.jpegE38C5AE8-FFAD-4227-83EA-97B7948B4ECA.thumb.jpeg.9c293058e01832f20d3cd16d04ddbfc4.jpeg

• Like 5

If something needs repair on your Zed do you tell them you have been using an NF coil?

20 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

If something needs repair on your Zed do you tell them you have been using an NF coil?

I'd say you'd just tell them what's wrong & if they thinks it's coil related they'll ask the question i.e. what coil, was it an aftermarket coil etc. If you BS they'll probably know or work it out anyway?

If it's not a coil related issue than no information on whatever coil would be required.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Mc30 said:

I am allowed to have an opinion on what I have experienced with the z search coil.

So why then are others like the OP (Rob) & JP not allowed their opinion on a Z Search thread without being constantly shouted down by a contrarian handful of people who are loyal to another brand.

You had posted that 3 ounce photo from using the other coil/s well before Z Search coils were released so how is it relevant? Do you believe the Z Search would have missed all of those bits? I'd also expect that the 10" might sniff out more fly specs than a 12" so it's not really comparing apples with apples.

Your opinion is relevant though (without the tit for tat) as you have used both types of coil & an opinion that others can weigh up with their own decision if choosing between manufacturers. It still probably won't change anyone's mind that is deadset against doing any modifications. That's just the way it is.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, AussieMatt said:

It still probably won't change anyone's mind that is deadset against doing any modifications.

Hi Matt, it's not that my mind is deadset against doing any modifications, it's that if I screw this particular mod. up I flat-line my detector. If it were not for that possibility, I would have no problems with modifications. i.e. most modifications usually don't have the possibility inherent in the mod of possibly ruining a fair-sized investment. 

All the best...

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, AussieMatt said:

So why then are others like the OP (Rob) & JP not allowed their opinion on a Z Search thread without being constantly shouted down by a contrarian handful of people who are loyal to another brand.

You had posted that 3 ounce photo from using the other coil/s well before Z Search coils were released so how is it relevant? Do you believe the Z Search would have missed all of those bits? I'd also expect that the 10" might sniff out more fly specs than a 12" so it's not really comparing apples with apples.

Your opinion is relevant though (without the tit for tat) as you have used both types of coil & an opinion that others can weigh up with their own decision if choosing between manufacturers. It still probably won't change anyone's mind that is deadset against doing any modifications. That's just the way it is.

Hang on I was just giving my experience with the z search coil and j.p had a subtle dig at my detecting ability. As I stated before the emi was bad on the z search and it couldn’t pick up any extra gold on patches I have been to before and the x coils have. I’m just trying to explain to people to not get there hopes up with the z search because in my experience it’s identical the stock 14 obviously better because it’s lighter.

• Like 1

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked

Mc30  - I have only been out one trip with the Z Search coil.  From what I can see here in Arizona, the NF Z Search is more sensitive to tiny nuggets or dinks.  I could still hear many of them with the Minelab 14x13, but they were much more obvious with the NF coil.  

I had no issues with EMI whatever, my coil was really stable and smooth.  

I know mine is working well, picked up over 16 Grams the first trip.  

If you're looking for a lighter coil, a bit more sensitive to small targets, easier to pinpoint with and can get into tighter spots, then the NF coil will work great for you.  

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Rob Allison said:

Mc30  - I have only been out one trip with the Z Search coil.  From what I can see here in Arizona, the NF Z Search is more sensitive to tiny nuggets or dinks.  I could still hear many of them with the Minelab 14x13, but they were much more obvious with the NF coil.  

I had no issues with EMI whatever, my coil was really stable and smooth.  

I know mine is working well, picked up over 16 Grams the first trip.  

If you're looking for a lighter coil, a bit more sensitive to small targets, easier to pinpoint with and can get into tighter spots, then the NF coil will work great for you.  

My experience was different than yours, my x coil outperformed it and that’s why I’m selling it. Seems no one wants them in Australia I haven’t got any enquires about it. 

4 minutes ago, Mc30 said:

My experience was different than yours, my x coil outperformed it and that’s why I’m selling it. Seems no one wants them in Australia I haven’t got any enquires about it. 

That’s because it sounds like it might be faulty, that’s the only explanation I can come up with based on your results/reports.

• Like 1